Windows XP Registry Reference

Post by Duane Fahe » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 04:37:15

With the Windows 2000 Resource Kit there was a Registry
Reference.  I just purchased the Windows XP Resource Kit
Documentation, but it does not include a registry
reference.  Does anyone know where I can get this kind of
information, from Microsoft?

Thanks!  - Duane

1. My XP registry contains references to "Windows Media Player 7", is this normal?

I installed XP Home, clean install in a freshly formatted partition.
However, I did import the settings from my old Win98SE. I have used
WMP very little. Nothing extra installed.

XP installs Windows Media Player 8, but in my registry I see both
"Windows Media Player 7" entries and "Windows Media Player 8" entries.
Is it normal to see references to "Windows Media Player 7" in the XP
registry?

If not, I suspect the WMP7 entries were added when I imported the
settings from my old Win98SE.

If it's not normal, then is it OK if I delete the "Windows Media
Player 7" releated entries?

Thanks, Lilla

2. Folder Sharing Problem

3. Registry question, how to clean old program references?

4. Multiple entries for same device in HCL?

5. deleting a reference in the registry

6. OE won't send after updates

7. Action Manager - Deleting Reference from Registry

8. Safe Mode

9. registry reference URL

10. Windows Registry Hacks -- User Options and the Windows Registry

11. Registry Key Reference?

12. Looking for reference to registry entries

13. How to move directories and handle registry references etc.