Search - new issue (NOT related to "missing" results)

Search - new issue (NOT related to "missing" results)

Post by Mark Levitsk » Sat, 11 May 2002 00:24:33

SEARCH FILES tool issue - not related to much discussed failure to detect
all filetypes by "word/phrase" which we all now solved (received official MS
promise to incorporate it future XPServicePack release), this is new:

On the list of searched results, opening one or several files sequentially -
direct from Search window (not by going to location in WinExplorer) causes
Search to restart.  I never enabled any option to restart search when
potential changes to filetree occured and Indexing service is off, I wish to
start MANUALLY WHEN I WANT and this was the case in Windows9.x/ME (Indexing
also off).  Any solution to prevent automatic restart?

This feature annoys me.  Example: open a couple of  *.log items, Search
restarts causing ridiculous slow down in computer response and juggling on
search list, and I need to click Stop every 10 seconds when opening 20+
files???

P.S. Please do not confuse with missing filetypes issue mentioned above,
Registry hack and WinXP ServicePack later this year solved it.

1. Search - new issue (NOT related to "missing" results)

[...]

2. SOLUTION: Floppy Access when Clicking Desktop Icons

3. Search - new issue (NOT related to "missing" results) _________

4. many buttons not working, cant save properties ...

5. "Tip of the Day" and "Related" ToolBar button not working

6. movie clip making

7. Missing "User Accounts" And "Search Companion" Options

8. Account Management

9. Missing "User Accounts" and "Search Companion"

10. "Search" results not diplaying on main window

11. When saving a search result, the "type of file" is not saved.

12. ADDRESS BOOK: "Shared Contacts"missing; CAN'T create "New Folder"

13. "My Documents" - using "search" and "Send to"