sp1 update corrupts XP operating system

Post by Martye Bec » Sat, 03 May 2003 04:56:35

I had an old system running a BX440 motherboard and XP PRO
formatted with FAT32 file system running fine. I replaced
my motherboard with an ASUS P4GE-V board and a P4 2.4 ghz
processor with 256 meg of PC2700 ram. On initial boot up
the operating would not run so I formatted the drive and
reinstalled XP. It started up fine. I installed the
necessary motherboard drivers and XP was up and running. I
did a windows update and downloaded service pack 1. The
download completed and installation proceded. Before
completion, the pc rebooted without any notice. After
restarting the blue chkdsk screen came up and truncated
lots of files. After chkdsk completed the windows XP boot
screen appeared for a few seconds. A blue screen briefly
appears and then the system reboots. It will continue this
cycle indefinately. Even when booting in safe mode, a
short list of driver lines appear and then the
system reboots. Once again I reformatted the drive,
installed XP, downloaded SP1 and it happened again. What's
the deal???
.

1. service pack 1 corrupts XP operating system

[...]

2. attachment

3. XP Corrupted System File...SP1 the cause??

4. whats is the best bitrate

5. System Maintenance How To Backup Windows XP Operating System

6. .JPG files turned to .vbs

7. Update Windows XP to SP1 on intial system setup?

8. I-COMM vs. Slipknot

9. Windows XP SP1 update messing up my system

10. Probles with USB hub and system file restore after updating to Xp SP1

11. two operating systems operating...!!!

12. Operating System update ruins IE6

13. Updating operating system remotely