Roxio CD-DVD any good?

Post by Karl » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:26:32

What is your opinion of above? Better than MS Moviemaker 2?

Roxio CD-DVD any good?

Post by NoNoBadDog » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:21:52

MM2 and Roxio are both good products.  If you intend to do any authoring for
DVD, you will need the Roxio, or something similar (Sonic MyDVD is also a
good product).
MM2 will come into it's prime when more standalone hardware support HighMAT
encoded video (only a very few do right now).  Luckily, MM2 and Rosio and/or
Sonic MyDVD can all live peacefully together on the same machine.  MM2 is
great for it's transitions, titles and special effects.  Roxio offers an
entry level (read basic) dvd authoring app;  MyDVD offers you a little more
than the Roxio DVD builder, but the Roxio has the other apps that make it
worthwile.  You can download trial versions of MyDVD and I think of the
Roxio product, also (could be wrong on that, tho).  Ulead DVD moviefactory
is another product you may want to look at.

Bobby

Quote:> What is your opinion of above? Better than MS Moviemaker 2?

Roxio CD-DVD any good?

Post by Deb » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:19:06

I just got Roxio's EZ CD and DVD Creator 6 Platinum and I love it!!  It was
easy to figure out and you can't beat drag to disk (formerly known as
DirectCD) for saving to CD on the fly from any application.  I tried Nero
and I hated it and it didn't work for me.  Haven't used any other programs
for mastering or packet writing, so I may be biased, but I say you won't go
wrong with this.  I don't know if you have a Best Buy in your area, but they
have a deal going on right now with some rebates and you end up getting it
for $49.95 after rebates.

Quote:> What is your opinion of above? Better than MS Moviemaker 2?

Roxio CD-DVD any good?

Quote:>I have had nothing but problems with roxio.