S-Video

Post by roy wei » Thu, 30 May 2002 10:36:26

How do I get the S-Video outlet to drive the video image
to my tv using the Intervideo WinDVD in XP?  I tried
booting it up with the S-video connection hooked up to the
TV and that did nothing.  When I open the DVD application,
I get some message about copy protected DVD's won't
display on the TV without protection h/w.  Say what?
Ideas?
thnx

S-Video

Post by Christopher M. Pipe » Thu, 30 May 2002 10:52:26

What is happening is that your video card (and/or the actual drivers) do not
support MacroVision copy protection on the TV Output.  WinDVD (and i think
every other computer DVD software) require this macrovision support to be
allowed to send the video out the TV Out.  The copy protection is in the
corm of a signal at the top of the screen (above the visible lines) that
disrupts the AGC circuitry on a VCR causing any recordings to be corrupted.
I'd try updating your video card drivers, as the ones you are using might
simply not have the feature enabled.  What video card do you have?

Quote:> How do I get the S-Video outlet to drive the video image
> to my tv using the Intervideo WinDVD in XP?  I tried
> booting it up with the S-video connection hooked up to the
> TV and that did nothing.  When I open the DVD application,
> I get some message about copy protected DVD's won't
> display on the TV without protection h/w.  Say what?
> Ideas?
> thnx

S-Video

Post by dR Peppe » Fri, 31 May 2002 15:21:16

On Tue, 28 May 2002 18:36:26 -0700, "roy wein"

>How do I get the S-Video outlet to drive the video image
>to my tv using the Intervideo WinDVD in XP?  I tried
>booting it up with the S-video connection hooked up to the
>TV and that did nothing.  When I open the DVD application,
>I get some message about copy protected DVD's won't
>display on the TV without protection h/w.  Say what?
>Ideas?
>thnx

I just get a blue screen on line1 or 2..  no messages, trying several
media player and types of vid files..  Try to access the output in the
controlpanel display but the output options are locked!!

S-Video

Post by dR Peppe » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 13:12:15

On Tue, 28 May 2002 18:36:26 -0700, "roy wein"

>How do I get the S-Video outlet to drive the video image
>to my tv using the Intervideo WinDVD in XP?  I tried
>booting it up with the S-video connection hooked up to the
>TV and that did nothing.  When I open the DVD application,
>I get some message about copy protected DVD's won't
>display on the TV without protection h/w.  Say what?
>Ideas?
>thnx

They tec said to turn on vcr to correct, then go to the display and
add output device.  but this did not work for me.. I do see the
monitor and the vid card are on the output, which may be the problem..
but how to seperate the nvida from the monitor and keep the right
monitor settings?

1. 9 pin s-video to 4 pin s-video adapter?

I have a VisionTek GeForce4 Ti4600 video card.  Yesterday I decided I want
to connect it to my television and home theater/surround sound system.  The
problem I am having is that it has a 9 pin s-video connector instead of the
standard 4 pin s-video connector.  Anybody have any ideas?  Someone at one
of the computer stores I went to today suggested that it might be because
the card says product of Canada on it and they might have a different
standard than the Unites States does.  Does anybody know where I can get an
adapter or something to convert from the 9 pin to 4 pin s-video?

2. Boot-up XP Pro

3. Using S-Video TV as second monitor, no video appears?

4. XP Corp and my system compatibility questions.

5. Video cards, ATI, truecolor, S-video input

6. visual notification

7. enable component video or s-video in

8. HTML Reply

9. Video Capture Cards supporting S-video input

10. video out without s-video

11. Viper V550 : can't switch to S-video video out

12. Viper V550 and S-Video video out