Looking for discussions on XP Pro logon configuration with NT 4.0 sp6a

Looking for discussions on XP Pro logon configuration with NT 4.0 sp6a

Post by Christopher Mut » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:44:54

I would like to fully understand all the logon options that XP Professional
offers within an NT 4.0 sp6a environment.

I understand that I can log on to the domain but am having problems with the
users rights being limited on the local machine.  If I log on to the local
machine then the NT logon script is not excuted...  Windows 98 allows
'windows logon' (with a stored password so that one was never asked) and
still allow for the user to be properly logged into the NT domain...  I do
not see how to do this same thing in XP Professional.

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1. IE 6.0 Filters on NT 4.0 SP6a not working

I have a problem with the IE filters, which do not work at
all on my NT 4.0 system.

The filters can be tested at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/samples/author/dhtml/DXT
idemo/DXTidemo.htm

I have the following DLLs installed:

DXTMSFT.DLL ... 351,232 bytes
DXTRANS.DLL ... 187,392 bytes

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Kind Regards,
Craig.

2. Programmers's editor base class ?

3. NT 4.0 server SP6a not routing

4. Communications

5. Fw: Killing NT 4.0 (HOT FIXES or NOT / SP6a)

6. Formatting Drives

7. securing NT 4.0 SP6a/you can't get there from here

8. Virtual Machine

9. Can't stop sharing drives in Window NT 4.0 (sp6a) Workstation

10. NT Server 4.0 and Workstation 4.0 logon problems

11. XP Pro cannot join NT4 SP6a Domain

12. XP Home Edition - cannot be setup to logon into NT 4.0 Server Domain

13. Logon XP client to NT 4.0 domain