file extensions

Post by Larry Koc » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 00:55:56

My sone downloaded 3 or 4 files with the extension .wps

Now everytime I download a file using Netscape 7.0 off the
internet it adds the extension .wps to the file name and I
am unable to open the file.

Can anyone help me.
I am using windows xp
netscape browser 7.0
I have a cable internet service

file extensions

Post by Jim Mackli » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 01:26:58

.wps is a MS WORKS word processor file.  If your son needs
to read those files and you don't have WORKS and your
current word processor won't open them, MS does have
reader/file conversion tools [look on MS WORKS pages]

Why your son's downloading would cause a change in later
downloaded files is a question.  More likely, he was trying
to open the files and reset the file association for the
files you want.  Easiest way to reset, click on the file you
want to open, then shift-right click and select "open with>"
select the program you want and if it open correctly, do it
again and put a check box in "always use"  (this is what
your son did,