Remove autostart program not in autostart folder?

Remove autostart program not in autostart folder?

Post by Christoffe » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 01:08:10

Hello!
I'm wounder how to remove programs that autostart but
isn't in the autostart folder??

/Christoffer

Remove autostart program not in autostart folder?

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 01:22:10

Check the program's options to see if there is a way to disable it there.  If not, then click Start, run and enter MSCONFIG.  Go to the Startup tab.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

> Hello!
> I'm wounder how to remove programs that autostart but
> isn't in the autostart folder??

> /Christoffer

1. Autostart cd's dont autostart anymore

Hello, My problem is that my autostart cds dont auto start anymore. Ive checked
the property tabs for both of my drives and auto insert notification is checked
on both. Is this the proper setting for this or is there some other place to
reactivate this feature. I dont know why it went away in the first place,
possibly little hands at work. Unfortunately the little one (4 year old) doesnt
remember where shes been or whats shes done when I catch her messing with the
'puter(as she calls it). Thanks.
George

2. Windows Updates not installing

3. removing autostart programs

4. windows xp - error 38

5. how to remove autostart programs

6. a new monitor

7. Newbie question to remove an autostart program

8. Sound Card conflicts with mouse

9. Folder to autostart programs at bootup

10. Why does MSIE4 always autostart in the Program folder when booting?

11. Programming WebDT380/Autostart programs

12. Remove autostart of media player?

13. System Configuration Utility Autostarts-How to remove?