Why can't I download anything from the internet with XP

Why can't I download anything from the internet with XP

Post by jc » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:33:55

 I have an HP 8776c with an AMD 1 Gig processor and 512 MB of ram and a 56
Gig hard drive.

XP is a major disappointment!!!  It's own help and support cannot find my
cable modem when I tried to get an answer to my question, even though I can
connect to the internet with IE.  But my real problem with XP is it will not
let me download anything including driver updates.  Every time I try to
download anything I get a new IE window with an icon (usually seen in place
of pictures that won't load) and nothing happens from there.  Is anyone else
experiencing this.

Why can't I download anything from the internet with XP

Post by Peter Hutchiso » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:19:22

Quote:> I have an HP 8776c with an AMD 1 Gig processor and 512 MB of ram and a 56
>Gig hard drive.

>XP is a major disappointment!!!  It's own help and support cannot find my
>cable modem when I tried to get an answer to my question, even though I can
>connect to the internet with IE.  But my real problem with XP is it will not
>let me download anything including driver updates.  Every time I try to
>download anything I get a new IE window with an icon (usually seen in place
>of pictures that won't load) and nothing happens from there.  Is anyone else
>experiencing this.

Which web site are you trying? Maybe the MIME for .EXEs is wrong. You
can force a download by pressing Shift and clicking in the .EXE link.

Peter

Peter Hutchison
http://www.blizzard.u-net.com/winhelp.html

1. Why can't I download anything?

I've been trying to download different files from several
different sites this morning and can't.  The download box
pops up for a millisecond and then disappears.  I've
searched the computer to see if it decided where to
download all by its self, but none of the files I
attempted to download are on the hard drive (or any other
drive for that matter).  I've even tried to do a "save
as" instead of just clicking to download, but get the
same result.
Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem?

2. Sim City 4 Crash

3. agfa snapscan ez scanner

4. Newbie Question

5. can't download anything from internet

6. can't resize page

7. Can't Download Anything With Internet Explorer 6.0

8. After uninstalling a download tool I can't download anything!

9. Computer with no OS, why won't XP or anything install?

10. can't download anything win xp