Slow list view and details view - Explorer creating thumbnails in list view

Slow list view and details view - Explorer creating thumbnails in list view

Post by John Kanto » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 05:09:54

I use my machine primarily for image editing of very large
files. Even in list and details view, Explorer is reading
each file and caching its thumbnail. (I can switch between
views and see this happen.) That not only causes
responsiveness problems, but also gives me a file in use
error if I try to do anything with groups of files before
all the thumbnails are crated.

I'd be happy if I could turn off all thumbnail activity. I
have other software for image management.

Slow list view and details view - Explorer creating thumbnails in list view

Post by Kell » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:04:35

Hi John,

This works for some folders:

Right Click the Folder, Choose Properties/Customize.  Use this folder type
as a template/Choose Documents/Apply/Ok.

Go to:  Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Explorer\Advanced\ClassicViewState and set it to 1.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Quote:> I use my machine primarily for image editing of very large