delete folders

Post by clif » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:41:26

Using XP PRO. I have a problem deleting folders. Even if I
make one myself and I know nothing is in it, I get a
message someone or another program is using that file and
it can't be deleted or moved or renamed. I am not a
begginer and have tried all the usual things including CDM.
I must be missing something.
Please help.
Thanks

delete folders

Post by Gregg Cattanac » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 01:16:24

Sometimes when there are several subfolders beneath the one you are trying
to delete, it won't let you delete the main folder (don't know why).  Try
navigating down through the subfolders and delete the items and then the
folders from the 'bottom-up'.

It is also possible that there IS a program or service that has a file in
use somewhere in the folder or in a subfolder.

Gregg C.

Quote:> Using XP PRO. I have a problem deleting folders. Even if I
> make one myself and I know nothing is in it, I get a
> message someone or another program is using that file and
> it can't be deleted or moved or renamed. I am not a
> begginer and have tried all the usual things including CDM.
> I must be missing something.
> Please help.
> Thanks

delete folders

Post by clif » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 05:55:14

Thanks but I've been into all of that. There is nothing in
the folders. I can create a folder and have the same
problem