System Restore fails?

Post by Darre » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:49:15

I've had a number of problems with XP, and I don't completely trust it at
the moment.  For this reason, I did a complete re-build last night.  I then
wanted to create a "clean" restore point.

When I try and create a restore point, it asks for me for the name but then
says it has failed to create it.  I then look at the available restore
points and it IS listed, but I'm not sure if it works (haven't tried using
it).

If I look at the System Restore tab of the System Properties, it shows:

System (G:) Monitoring
(C:) Monitoring
(D:) Monitoring
System (G:) Offline

My system is actually installed on G (this is how XP set it up, due to me
using an old HDD as the slave drive).  Note how it lists G: twice - once as
Monitoring, and once as Offline.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Ta,

darren

System Restore fails?

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:10:00

Delete the files in the REPOSITORY folders (..\system32\wbem)

--

Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate
marfer's notes for XP - http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

..

> I've had a number of problems with XP, and I don't completely trust it at
> the moment.  For this reason, I did a complete re-build last night.  I then
> wanted to create a "clean" restore point.

> When I try and create a restore point, it asks for me for the name but then
> says it has failed to create it.  I then look at the available restore
> points and it IS listed, but I'm not sure if it works (haven't tried using
> it).

> If I look at the System Restore tab of the System Properties, it shows:

> System (G:) Monitoring
> (C:) Monitoring
> (D:) Monitoring
> System (G:) Offline

> My system is actually installed on G (this is how XP set it up, due to me
> using an old HDD as the slave drive).  Note how it lists G: twice - once as
> Monitoring, and once as Offline.

> Does anyone know what is going on?

> Ta,

> darren

System Restore fails?

Post by Darre » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 04:15:21

Quote:> Delete the files in the REPOSITORY folders (..\system32\wbem)

Won't let me - they're in use.

darren