Media Center Wireless Remote That Will Also Act as Mouse Outside of Media Center?

Media Center Wireless Remote That Will Also Act as Mouse Outside of Media Center?

Post by Will » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:01:07

Does anyone make a good wireless remote for Media Center that will double as
a mouse substitute outside of the Media Center environment?    I often have
pure Windows applications that are educational where all I need is some
basic mouse movement capabilities to navigate between and select menu items.
So far the Media Center remotes I have tried do nothing outside of Media
Center.

--
Will

Media Center Wireless Remote That Will Also Act as Mouse Outside of Media Center?

Post by S.Sengupt » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:31:43

You have already posted the problem in media center news gr.That's the
right place to ask.

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

> Does anyone make a good wireless remote for Media Center that will double as
> a mouse substitute outside of the Media Center environment?    I often have
> pure Windows applications that are educational where all I need is some
> basic mouse movement capabilities to navigate between and select menu items.
> So far the Media Center remotes I have tried do nothing outside of Media
> Center.

Media Center Wireless Remote That Will Also Act as Mouse Outside of Media Center?

Post by Will » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:50:42

Quote:> You have already posted the problem in media center news gr.That's the
> right place to ask.

I'm not sure I agree.   The focus of my question is how to I use a Media
Center wireless remote as a Windows XP mouse replacement, *outside* the
Media Center environment.   It seems to me that many standard Windows XP
users might have the same need and have solved it already.

--
Will

Post by Gene E. Bloc » Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:19:35

>> You have already posted the problem in media center news
>> gr.That's the right place to ask.

> I'm not sure I agree.   The focus of my question is how to I use a
> Media Center wireless remote as a Windows XP mouse replacement,
> *outside* the Media Center environment.   It seems to me that many
> standard Windows XP users might have the same need and have solved
> it already.

I think (but am not sure) that Gyration has a product that might be
suitable. They make gyroscopic mouses that can be used as a
conventional desktop mouse or an air mouse, and I think they have a
version of that with Media Center remote capabilities as well.

HTH,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) ... letters617blochg3251

Media Center Wireless Remote That Will Also Act as Mouse Outside of Media Center?

Post by Will » Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:03:20

Looks very promising, thanks!

--
Will

Quote:> I think (but am not sure) that Gyration has a product that might be
> suitable. They make gyroscopic mouses that can be used as a
> conventional desktop mouse or an air mouse, and I think they have a
> version of that with Media Center remote capabilities as well.

> HTH,
> Gino

> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Gino) ... letters617blochg3251
> (replace the numbers by "at" and "dotcom")

1. HP Media Center 873n & HP Wireless Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Has anyone had problems using HP's Wireless Keyboard and
Optical Mouse (HP P/N: P5304D#ABA) with the Media Center
873n.  I am able to connect and configure them and they
work fine as long as I'm 2 feet from the transmitter.  As
soon as I move further away from the transmitter I loose
connection and they stop working.  When I move back within
2 feet they work again.

I specifically ordered these thinking that I should not
have any problems since they are digital radio technology
with 256 different IDs to avoid any conflict.

Let me know if you have any recommendations.  Thanks!!!

Best Regards,

    Pete

2. A question: MS Help on the Mac

3. MEdia Center PCs? New Media center Eddition?

4. lag in response to clicking on "links"

5. Media Center for non-media center computers?

6. Gif animations don't play.

7. Samsung Media Center PC vs HP Media Center PC

8. Problems playing music from SD card on Compaq IPAQ

9. samsung media center pc and HP media center pc again.

10. Media Library from Media Player not Updating to Media Center

11. Pinnacle showcenter: anyone use "show center" or media centers like this?

12. Win Media Player and Win Media center

13. Media Center Web Remote