HELP - No Hotmail access via Messenger

Post by Coli » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:59:11

Repost.

Hi there,

I am unable to access Hotmail from any of the links within Messenger (the
pop up box when i first log, the link at the top of the Messenger window, or
on clicking the tray icon).  I always get the page unavailable, and this has
also been occuring on trying to access Hotmail directly from the browser.
The only way i can access my inbox, is when a message arrives, and i click
the pop up box telling me so.
I am using the latest Messenger for XP, and am using a Linksys BEFSR41
router with the 1.42.7 firmware.  Never used to get this problem, has only
recently occurred in my last few XP reinstalls.

Any ideas?

cheers

Colin

latest since first posted.
I have just reinstalled XP on a new mobo and still have the same problem.
My flatmate also uses XP through the same router and has no problems access
his hotmail via messenger, & I also tested on a spare pc with Win2k, again
no probs.
What could be the cause of this on a fresh install of XP (all Win Updates
applied, UPnP enabled in both XP & router) ?

1. cant access Hotmail via Messenger

Hi there,

I am unable to access Hotmail from any of the links within Messenger (the
pop up box when i first log, the link at the top of the Messenger window, or
on clicking the tray icon).  I always get the page unavailable, and this has
also been occuring on trying to access Hotmail directly from the browser.
The only way i can access my inbox, is when a message arrives, and i click
the pop up box telling me so.
I am using the latest Messenger for XP, and am using a Linksys BEFSR41
router with the 1.42.7 firmware.  Never used to get this problem, has only
recently occurred in my kast few XP reinstalls.

Any ideas?

2. Blue Screen Errors

3. 0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

4. Mysterious file appears on Desktop.

5. hotmail access via IE 5.1.6

6. "IsShown()", Sizers, wxMac (but the question is broader than wxMac), textctrl.cpp and TPPaneActivateProc

7. Hotmail no longer allows email access via Outlook Express for free email accounts?

8. Cannot find "rundll32.exe error

9. IE 5.1--can't access Hotmail via web

10. I can't access hotmail or sign into my net passport via internet explorer

11. Access Hotmail via pop/smtp--AOL to come

12. Removing MSMGS from Systray accessing Hotmail via http...

13. Can't Access Hotmail or MSN Messenger