Bad Image Error??...Pls Help

Post by Michae » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:31:18

I get this bad image pop up error that says:

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\rasadhlp.dll is not a valid
windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

I get this bad image pop up error when i open any messenger
program(msn,aim), programs, games. The programs still run and work but I get
the pop up error(annoying)...any1 kno how to fix this? Your help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Bad Image Error??...Pls Help

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:23:20

Go to Start/Run, and type:

SFC   /SCANNOW

(you may have to hit 'r' for retry hundreds of times to complete this)

--

Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate
marfer's notes for XP - http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

..

> I get this bad image pop up error that says:

> The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\rasadhlp.dll is not a valid
> windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

> I get this bad image pop up error when i open any messenger
> program(msn,aim), programs, games. The programs still run and work but I get
> the pop up error(annoying)...any1 kno how to fix this? Your help is greatly
> appreciated.

> Thanks

1. Pls pls pls help

Your BIOS may have it's virus checker enabled. Access the BIOS and look for a Virus Detection entry like "Chip Away" or simply "Virus Detection" if it is enabled, disable it, save the settings and reboot. Then try the install again.

The above aside the majority of problems that I've encountered when installing XP have to do with flaky RAM. Many people purchased additional RAM when it was very cheap and while it worked well with Windows 98, XP is a lot more resource demanding. If you have more than 1 stick of RAM in your system try removing a stick and installing XP again. If you encounter errors then swap the RAM for another stick.

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows XP)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/

2. Netscaoe 1.12

3. HELP - I get Bad Image dll error with WMP7 and Win2K

4. Disk Defrag Utilities

5. Please help: Upgrade to XP pro (from home) gone bad, bad bad

6. Good Question for all the Microsoft CryptAPI Expert

7. PLS HELP, PLS HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE FIRED

8. When tap the Help icon, what happen?

9. Apache error: [warn] (64)Unknown error:winnt_accept: Asynchronous AccetpEx failed, pls help

10. IE prompts image icon when downling file - pls help

11. fax image *.dcx can't display (pls help)

12. 'Bad Image' Media Player error message

13. 'Bad image' error message on MS Media Player