CD Autostart on XP

Post by Jule » Sat, 03 Jul 2004 04:21:15

Hi,

Anybody know how to disable the dratted XP autostart when
I insert a CD? I want it just the same way Win2000 does
it, without the options.

Jules

CD Autostart on XP

Post by Rich Barr » Sat, 03 Jul 2004 05:05:30

Jules, check at Kelly's  http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm   Select
A   and scroll to AutoPlay.

Quote:> Hi,

> Anybody know how to disable the dratted XP autostart when
> I insert a CD? I want it just the same way Win2000 does
> it, without the options.

> Jules

1. Autostart cd's dont autostart anymore

Hello, My problem is that my autostart cds dont auto start anymore. Ive checked
the property tabs for both of my drives and auto insert notification is checked
on both. Is this the proper setting for this or is there some other place to
reactivate this feature. I dont know why it went away in the first place,
possibly little hands at work. Unfortunately the little one (4 year old) doesnt
remember where shes been or whats shes done when I catch her messing with the
'puter(as she calls it). Thanks.
George

2. Virtual memory problem

3. Starting Xp, cd-drive autostart etc

4. cmsg cancel <2baf42ad.0406040324.6e1c905e@posting.google.com>

5. No autostart on cd-rw or dvd/cd drives

6. Adding script to wmv

7. Remove autostart program not in autostart folder?

8. Win95 reports SB32 PnP as SB16 PnP

9. Software to create GUI autostart CD

10. Autostart feature for CD-ROM drive not working

11. CD AutoStart

12. Autostarting cd's

13. Autostart of a CD-R