Sending a Group Fax

Post by Dian » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:49:16

How can I send a group "broadcast" fax?  I have tried
setting up a group, but when I use it to fax, I get a
message saying it was deleted as there was no valid fax
number.

Sending a Group Fax

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 18:08:07

Where and how are you setting up this "group?"
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Quote:> How can I send a group "broadcast" fax?  I have tried
> setting up a group, but when I use it to fax, I get a
> message saying it was deleted as there was no valid fax
> number.

Sending a Group Fax

Post by Ben Niderber » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 04:11:46

I have basically the same question.  I created a group in Windows Address
Book, and made sure every member had a fax number.  Then, in Fax Wizard, I
clicked on Address Book and selected the group.  But Fax Wizard could not
find the fax numbers this way.  (When I singly selected each of the entries
from Address Book, they worked just fine.)  Is there somewhere else where a
group can be created?  I have searched the local help files and the
knowledge base, and have come up entirely empty.

> Where and how are you setting up this "group?"
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

> > How can I send a group "broadcast" fax?  I have tried
> > setting up a group, but when I use it to fax, I get a
> > message saying it was deleted as there was no valid fax
> > number.

Sending a Group Fax

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 05:17:42

Groups in the Windows Address Book are notoriously unreliable and cannot be
used for fax recipients, only e-mail recipients.
The only way I know to do this would be to use the Outlook Address Book, not
the WAB, and create a Distribution List. Outlook can recognize a fax
recipient as such and invoke the correct transport.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

> I have basically the same question.  I created a group in Windows Address
> Book, and made sure every member had a fax number.  Then, in Fax Wizard, I
> clicked on Address Book and selected the group.  But Fax Wizard could not
> find the fax numbers this way.  (When I singly selected each of the
entries
> from Address Book, they worked just fine.)  Is there somewhere else where
> group can be created?  I have searched the local help files and the
> knowledge base, and have come up entirely empty.

> > Where and how are you setting up this "group?"
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]

> > > How can I send a group "broadcast" fax?  I have tried
> > > setting up a group, but when I use it to fax, I get a
> > > message saying it was deleted as there was no valid fax
> > > number.

Sending a Group Fax

Post by Ben Niderber » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:19:29

Well, ok Russ, so I can't use groups in WAB.  Having put together a "group"
in the Send Fax Wizard, is there any way to save that group so that I don't
have to separately move each recipient in the list every time I send a fax?
Or is this something that can only be done through third party software (or
Outlook, I guess).

> Groups in the Windows Address Book are notoriously unreliable and cannot
be
> used for fax recipients, only e-mail recipients.
> The only way I know to do this would be to use the Outlook Address Book,
not
> the WAB, and create a Distribution List. Outlook can recognize a fax
> recipient as such and invoke the correct transport.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

> > I have basically the same question.  I created a group in Windows
Address
> > Book, and made sure every member had a fax number.  Then, in Fax Wizard,
> > clicked on Address Book and selected the group.  But Fax Wizard could
not
> > find the fax numbers this way.  (When I singly selected each of the
> entries
> > from Address Book, they worked just fine.)  Is there somewhere else
where
> > group can be created?  I have searched the local help files and the
> > knowledge base, and have come up entirely empty.

> > > Where and how are you setting up this "group?"
> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]

Sending a Group Fax

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:55:51

None that I know of because you're still using the WAB in the Send Fax
Wizard. But since I avoid the WAB at all costs, someone else that uses it
may have been able to figure out a workaround.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

> Well, ok Russ, so I can't use groups in WAB.  Having put together a
"group"
> in the Send Fax Wizard, is there any way to save that group so that I
don't
> have to separately move each recipient in the list every time I send a
fax?
> Or is this something that can only be done through third party software
(or
> Outlook, I guess).

> > Groups in the Windows Address Book are notoriously unreliable and cannot
> be
> > used for fax recipients, only e-mail recipients.
> > The only way I know to do this would be to use the Outlook Address Book,
> not
> > the WAB, and create a Distribution List. Outlook can recognize a fax
> > recipient as such and invoke the correct transport.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]

> > > I have basically the same question.  I created a group in Windows
> Address
> > > Book, and made sure every member had a fax number.  Then, in Fax
Wizard,
> > > clicked on Address Book and selected the group.  But Fax Wizard could
> not
> > > find the fax numbers this way.  (When I singly selected each of the
> > entries
> > > from Address Book, they worked just fine.)  Is there somewhere else
> where
> > > group can be created?  I have searched the local help files and the
> > > knowledge base, and have come up entirely empty.

1. Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

message ' The fax printer cannot be accessed.'

I'm wanting to use the remote fax facility that supposedly
comes with Windows XP. I have 1 PC with a fax/modem
installed and the fax service and another test PC across
the LAN. It connects ok and reconises the remote fax using
the fax console but whenever I try and create or send a
fax to it from the test pc I get the above message. Note
also that I have given full access rights to everyone to
use the fax facility. I have also tried many other tests
with different PC's with the same results.

2. OE...do not allow attachment check box greyed out

3. Sending FAX to a group

4. Ta Very Much!

5. Microsoft Exchange - sending a group of faxes to one number

6. xp fax does not install

7. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!

8. Rotated Display - Sideways Monitor?

9. sending undiclosed addresses when sending group mailing

10. Fax Console cannot open fax sent

11. MS fax won't send fax in Windows XP

12. Cannot preview fax or view sent fax

13. Fax Send Problem, Fax Recieve No Problem