spreadsheet

Post by ET » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:29:57

I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
Microsoft Excel.  Thanks much.
ET

spreadsheet

Post by Mike » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:36:30

No, you need to buy and install Excel as part of an MS Office suite or MS
Works Suite.

Quote:> I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
> anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
> Microsoft Excel.  Thanks much.
> ET

spreadsheet

Post by <lm042.. » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:56:17

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
>anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
>Microsoft Excel.  Thanks much.
>ET
>.

I have Windows XP Home Edition, and the spreadsheets are
located in WordPerfect under QuattroPro 10.  I took a
look at it and it is nothing like Excel.

spreadsheet

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by F1Co » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:49:23

> I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
> anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
> Microsoft Excel.  Thanks much.
> ET

Try OpenOffice or StarOffice. They're free. Do an internet search for
them.

And you did say "like"...

Terry

spreadsheet

Post by Patrick Keena » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:01:12

Quote:> I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
> anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
> Microsoft Excel.  Thanks much.
> ET

XP has no spreadsheet; that's a separate application.   One *might* have
come bundled with your computer, but you'll have to check the documentation
for the machine and bundle.

HTH
-pk

spreadsheet

Post by tony » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:07:57

Hi,
What programs came pre-installed or bundled with your
computer? if you have MS Works, then you have a
spreadsheet application, is like a cheap version of Excel.

Good luck

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
>anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
>Microsoft Excel.  Thanks much.
>ET
>.

spreadsheet

Post by Peter A. Stavrakoglo » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:15:29

Quote:

> [...]

This is the case for your system because WordPerfect's Office suite
was preinstalled on your computer - it is a separate application from
Windows just like Excel is.  Windows does not contain any spreadsheet
program

spreadsheet

Post by T.C. » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:27:32

As often posted in this group, Windows XP does NOT include a spreadsheet program, or MS Word., or a full fledged word processor.  Many PC manufacturers include a software bundle with MS, or third party applications. So, Sony included a Word Perfect Suite, as part of your software bundle, but it's not part of the Windows Operating System.
--
T.C.
Pay it forward...

Delete [REMOVE] from email address to respond by email

> I have Windows XP Home Edition, and the spreadsheets are
> located in WordPerfect under QuattroPro 10.  I took a
> look at it and it is nothing like Excel.

---

spreadsheet

Post by Ken Blak » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:02:29

> I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
> anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
> Microsoft Excel.  Thanks much.

*No* version of Windows has ever come with any spreadsheet
program. If you want Excel, or another spreadsheet program, you
must buy it separately.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

spreadsheet

Post by Ken Blak » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:04:09

Quote:>> -----Original Message-----
>> I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
>> anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
>> Microsoft Excel.  Thanks much.
> I have Windows XP Home Edition, and the spreadsheets are
> located in WordPerfect under QuattroPro 10.  I took a
> look at it and it is nothing like Excel.

That has nothing to do with Windows XP, and doesn't come with XP.
The vendor from whom you bought *your* computer happened to
bundle that product with your computer.

--

Post by Alex Nicho » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:22:10

>I have a new sony computer that has windows XP.  Does
>anyone know if XP has a spreadsheet program like
>Microsoft Excel.

No version of Windows has any speadsheet.  It is up to the makers if
they bundle one in (such as Office, including Excel.  Sony I think will
have bundled Microsoft Works, which does have a rather elementary
spreadsheet - seen as suitable for domestic purposes

--
Alex Nichol MVP (Windows - File Systems)

spreadsheet

Post by Dan » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:39:24

This is a very nice office suite that has a free version. Many more
features then most will ever need. It is the best I have seen yet. The
spreadsheet though, I believe is limited to three sheets.
http://www.e-press.com/index.html