Looking for web tutorials on graphics file formats, email, screen grabbers

Looking for web tutorials on graphics file formats, email, screen grabbers

Post by Chad Harri » Sun, 17 Nov 2002 03:34:06

I am looking for good info on graphics file formats on the web (illustrated
is better) that will help me with JPEGS, GIFS, BMPS and cover
1) sending and receiving email photo files optimally and in workable small
formats and modifying them when the ones you get are too large and take up
too much real estate
2) the best screen grabbers and how to best post screen shots on msn
newsgroups and others
3) how best to email screen shots--can they be included in the body or do
they have to always be attached
4) the quality and ease of  use of the Photo Editor in Office that I had to
Office since these programs don't take up that much hard drive is beyond
me--if you sell XP or Office let them have all the tools in one load
Microsoft--you've been doing this for years ).  I didn't even know their was
a photo editor in Office until it was batted around on a newsgroup and then
when I couldn't find it I had to go to the CD to get it--shouldn't have had
to.

Thanks very much.  If these have been all over the newsgroup, this is my
first look at this one.

Chad Harris

Looking for web tutorials on graphics file formats, email, screen grabbers

Post by Yves Alari » Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:02:10

To resize an image use Image Resizer available here for free:
After downloading and installing you will have two new options for image.
1. When you right click on an image, a menu will open and the item Resize
will be listed. Click on it and you can reduce the image automatically and
it will make a new file of the reduce image, added to the original file,
with the same file name with the word (small) added to it. You can then
e-mail this file if you want.
2. When you select a photo file and you click on e-mail this file, a box
will open giving you the option to reduce the size of the file prior to
attaching it to your e-mail message.

There are two ways to e-mail a photos in Outlook.

1. One it to attach the photo file to the message. Using e-mail this file
does this. Or when you are in the message box you click on Insert, File and
select the file. The recipient must click on the name of the attached file
to open the photo.
2. The other way is to click on Insert when you are in the message box, but
select Picture instead of File on the opening menu. If you select Picture, a
box will open. Select From a File and select the file you want to insert.
When you click on the file name, the photo will be automatically displayed
in your message box. When the recipient opens your e-mail, the photo will
automatically open with your text message.

Just be careful about attaching many photos to an e-mail. Mail boxes are
usually restricted to about 2 MB and photo files can be quite large even if
you resize them.

Quote:> I am looking for good info on graphics file formats on the web