XP Welcome Screen problem

Post by free ke » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:01:26

I just installed several Windows XP updates, and now when I boot up I
get the Welcome Screen all the time with me as the administrator to
choose only before it opens Windows. I did not get the Welcome Screen
before and I would like to stop getting it now. Any advise how to do
this? Thanks in advance.
                        John

XP Welcome Screen problem

Post by Rick » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:53:18

Hi John,

Start/run control userpasswords2

Uncheck the option requiring a username and password, click apply/ok and follow the prompts to create a default logon.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org