very strange????

Post by PMc » Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:33:45

My system has been playing up for the last week especially
when online.
 I'm getting time outs, and also a box will come up and tell me I have lost
my connection, but the two telly's are still there, plus when I pick up my
phone  there is still activity going on.
But I cant access any of the pages online.
It's very strange it also blanked my settings out in accounts.
If i reboot this will usually sort it but not for long.

I've tried virus checking with PC Cillin, but everything is fine.
has anyone else had a similar experience and if so what will sort it out.
TIA.

PMc

very strange????

Post by Kell » Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:41:17

Hi,

Disconnect Issues Discussed Here under Modem (timeout)

All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP DTS
[AE-Windows? XP]

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/

Quote:> My system has been playing up for the last week especially
> when online.
>  I'm getting time outs, and also a box will come up and tell me I have
lost
> my connection, but the two telly's are still there, plus when I pick up my
> phone  there is still activity going on.
> But I cant access any of the pages online.
> It's very strange it also blanked my settings out in accounts.
> If i reboot this will usually sort it but not for long.

> I've tried virus checking with PC Cillin, but everything is fine.
> has anyone else had a similar experience and if so what will sort it out.
> TIA.

> PMc

1. Strange and not-so-strange problems

Not-so-strange problems:

Some of my old DOS-based games don't work.  Notable examples: Command
& Conquer, Transport Tycoon series ...

Strange problems:

1. Installing certain programs (notably VS6.0 service packs), I get
the "Extracting file failed.  Probable cause low memory, low HD space
or corrupt cabinet file".  But I know that the files are OK, I have
256MB of DDR, and about 25GB of HD space.

2. Trying to install VJ6.0 I get an error message about a
compatibility issue regarding the Java VM, but when I try to install
it I get above messages (6 different copies of the MSJAVX86.EXE file
can't all be corrupt, especially when one is freshly downloaded)

Can anyone shed any light?

--XP
http://www.chirho.i12.com/
http://pub97.ezboard.com/bchirho

2. Canon PowerShot A40

3. Strange Strange Problem in Windows Media Player XP

4. Releasing Media Player 6.4 with Another Product

5. Strange, Strange Behavior...

6. Q on blocking specific TCP/IP ports

7. My CD-Drive !

8. Strange Behavior (stopped->pause->run, stop->pause->stop)

9. strange error message - girlfrd problems - hheellpp

10. strange problem !!

11. Strange symbols in USENET

12. Strange CD Rom drive behaviour