System Resource Meter (Rsrcmtr.exe) tool that can be used in Windows 98

System Resource Meter (Rsrcmtr.exe) tool that can be used in Windows 98

Post by Anupa » Thu, 29 May 2003 11:15:05

Are there any option in Windows XP, which is parallel to
System Resource Meter (Rsrcmtr.exe) tool in Windows 98 ?
That it gives similar kind of indication when the
resources are low ?

Anupam

Post by Ronnie Vernon MV » Thu, 29 May 2003 14:25:25

> Are there any option in Windows XP, which is parallel to
> System Resource Meter (Rsrcmtr.exe) tool in Windows 98 ?
> That it gives similar kind of indication when the
> resources are low ?

> Anupam

"System Resources" as they existed in Win9x are not relevant in the XP
architecture. Windows 95/98/Me were limited to
two 64K 16 bit Resource Heaps. Windows XP uses 32 bit Resource Heaps so the
limitations of the 16 bit heaps no longer exist.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

For a better way to access these newsgroups look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp

System Resource Meter (Rsrcmtr.exe) tool that can be used in Windows 98

Post by Phili » Thu, 29 May 2003 14:59:11

I'm not sure about home edition, but the professional edition has
"Performance" under "Administrative Tools".
Hope this helps.
Phil

Quote:> Are there any option in Windows XP, which is parallel to

Post by Ken Blak » Thu, 29 May 2003 19:20:24

> Are there any option in Windows XP, which is parallel to
> System Resource Meter (Rsrcmtr.exe) tool in Windows 98 ?
> That it gives similar kind of indication when the
> resources are low ?

System Resources, in the Windows 9X sense, don't exist in Windows
XP, and no such facility is needed. There is no longer anything
to run out of. This is one of the big advantages of Windows XP.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup