hard disc dissappeared when computer was in hibernate

hard disc dissappeared when computer was in hibernate

Post by Steve Mille » Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:45:23

Hello!

I installed a new Maxtor hdd (80GB). This drive shows up in Bios. It's in
IDE devices
and listed to be set as boot drive. The drive is also appearing in Windows
Explorer.

I have been using the drive storing backup data. When the computer is set to
hibernate
the drive but won't appear if the comp. was back from there.

As I have been checking the extended properties at the primary IDE tab it
says device 0
was set to DMA if available. Actually, but it's running on PIO.

Device 1, which was the one, was set to DMA if available as well but was
running on
Ultra-DMA-Modus-6.

This is the only difference I have detected so far. What can I do to keep
this drive show
up when it was being back from hibernate?

Thank's;
Steve