Software to write to CDRW like a floppy (similar to DirectCD) ?

Software to write to CDRW like a floppy (similar to DirectCD) ?

Post by Andre » Mon, 27 May 2002 22:28:15

Is there any software out there which will work on WinXP Professional to
write direct to CDRW (like DirectCD does) ?

I recently changed to WinXP from Win98 and found that my adaptec software
was now no use. I had earlier versions of DirectCD which i would have to pay
for to get upgraded.

I just want to be able to use my CDRWs as floppys like i used to but
DirectCD doesn't support my burner(LG GCE-8160B) in XP .

Cheers
Andy

Software to write to CDRW like a floppy (similar to DirectCD) ?

Post by webermi » Mon, 27 May 2002 23:41:31

Use Nero's InCD

webermis

Quote:> Is there any software out there which will work on WinXP Professional to
> write direct to CDRW (like DirectCD does) ?

> I recently changed to WinXP from Win98 and found that my adaptec software
> was now no use. I had earlier versions of DirectCD which i would have to
pay
> for to get upgraded.

> I just want to be able to use my CDRWs as floppys like i used to but
> DirectCD doesn't support my burner(LG GCE-8160B) in XP .

> Cheers
> Andy

Software to write to CDRW like a floppy (similar to DirectCD) ?

Post by Sir_Georg » Mon, 27 May 2002 23:47:06

Andrew,

The best I found and easiest to use is Record Now Max. You can get more information at;
http://www.stompinc.com/index.phtml?stp

Sir_George

> Is there any software out there which will work on WinXP Professional to
> write direct to CDRW (like DirectCD does) ?

> I recently changed to WinXP from Win98 and found that my adaptec software
> was now no use. I had earlier versions of DirectCD which i would have to pay
> for to get upgraded.

> I just want to be able to use my CDRWs as floppys like i used to but
> DirectCD doesn't support my burner(LG GCE-8160B) in XP .

> Cheers
> Andy

Software to write to CDRW like a floppy (similar to DirectCD) ?

Post by webermi » Tue, 28 May 2002 00:02:09

I correct myself - I double checked my previous post to find that InCD does
not list your CR-RW model # as one that it supports. See list:

http://www.nero.com/en/recorderL.htm

webermis

Post by Maxim » Tue, 28 May 2002 13:05:41

> Is there any software out there which will work on WinXP Professional to
> write direct to CDRW (like DirectCD does) ?

> I recently changed to WinXP from Win98 and found that my adaptec software
> was now no use. I had earlier versions of DirectCD which i would have to pay
> for to get upgraded.

> I just want to be able to use my CDRWs as floppys like i used to but
> DirectCD doesn't support my burner(LG GCE-8160B) in XP .

> Cheers
> Andy

Andy,

Give NTI FileCD a look see. You can download a trial. Works fine under XP.
Btw, your drive is on their supported list. Their site is www.ntius.com

Good Luck
Maximus

Software to write to CDRW like a floppy (similar to DirectCD) ?

Post by Andre » Tue, 28 May 2002 13:57:30

Hello,
I've got RecordNow Max 4, but i cannot find anything to do with recording to
a CDRW in this way. I cannot find DLA (the packet writing software which
supposed to be incorporated into RecordNow Max).

Cheers
Andy

Andrew,

The best I found and easiest to use is Record Now Max. You can get more
information at;
http://www.stompinc.com/index.phtml?stp

Sir_George

Quote:> Is there any software out there which will work on WinXP Professional to
> write direct to CDRW (like DirectCD does) ?

> I recently changed to WinXP from Win98 and found that my adaptec software
> was now no use. I had earlier versions of DirectCD which i would have to
pay
> for to get upgraded.

> I just want to be able to use my CDRWs as floppys like i used to but
> DirectCD doesn't support my burner(LG GCE-8160B) in XP .

> Cheers
> Andy

Software to write to CDRW like a floppy (similar to DirectCD) ?

Post by mrte » Tue, 28 May 2002 14:37:46

Right click on the CD icon.  There is no icon for it.  You did install it, didn't you?  DLA is a separate application in the install box.

| Hello,
| I've got RecordNow Max 4, but i cannot find anything to do with recording to
| a CDRW in this way. I cannot find DLA (the packet writing software which
| supposed to be incorporated into RecordNow Max).
|
| Cheers
| Andy
|

| Andrew,
|
| The best I found and easiest to use is Record Now Max. You can get more
| information at;
| http://www.stompinc.com/index.phtml?stp
|
| Sir_George
|

| > Is there any software out there which will work on WinXP Professional to
| > write direct to CDRW (like DirectCD does) ?
| >
| > I recently changed to WinXP from Win98 and found that my adaptec software
| > was now no use. I had earlier versions of DirectCD which i would have to
| pay
| > for to get upgraded.
| >
| > I just want to be able to use my CDRWs as floppys like i used to but
| > DirectCD doesn't support my burner(LG GCE-8160B) in XP .
| >
| > Cheers
| > Andy

---

1. Software to write to CDRW like a floppy (similar to DirectCD) ?

Yes DLA is a good choice. I have an LG 8120B and DLA works nicely with
it and XP. It can also open and read CDs formatted with earlier versions
of Direct CD. There is a 30 day trial here
http://www.stompinc.com/trial/index.phtml?stp that is bundled with
RecordNow Max 4. DLA does not place an icon in the systray. It's
functions are integrated into the shell. Once installed you right click
the CD-Writer icon and you will have options to format, make compatible
and enable/disable DLA. Your CD-Writer will also have a DLA Properties
Tab.

You should visit Alex Nichol's site on CD Burning in XP
http://www.aumha.org/a/xpcd.htm

--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows XP)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/

2. Problems with MS Office, WFW, and Pentiums

3. IE5 or IE5.5 problems

4. System likes to read A:// floppy

5. Using End task for IE too often

6. How to remove software write protection from floppy?

7. Play VCD's on my lap top pc

8. CDRW, DLA, DirectCD - how to plan future CD backup?

9. cdrw and adaptgec directcd and cd creator

10. DirectCD, formatting a CDRW, and XP Home - A followup

11. DirectCD, formatting a CDRW, and XP Home

12. Directcd packet writing