"Bad Image Checksum" error - msvcrt.dll

Post by Jame » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:58:55

Hi --

When my computer boots up now I get the infamous "blue screen" with
the error:
STOP: C000021  Bad Image Checksum image MSVCRT.dll is possibly
corrupt. Header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

I searched the KB but did not find anything relevant. Can anyone tell
me how to fix this problem without having to format and start over?

Thanks --

James

"Bad Image Checksum" error - msvcrt.dll

Post by Willbo » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:12:30

Hi James
You know I had the same problem with that dll after installing Soundforge 6,
or Wavelab 4.  There should be multiple copies of this dll on your system.
Copy one of them to the windows/system32 dir If you have installed sp-1 I
would copy the one in Windows\Service Pack Files\i386 dir.
Willboy

Quote:> Hi --

> When my computer boots up now I get the infamous "blue screen" with
> the error:
> STOP: C000021  Bad Image Checksum image MSVCRT.dll is possibly
> corrupt. Header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

> I searched the KB but did not find anything relevant. Can anyone tell
> me how to fix this problem without having to format and start over?

> Thanks --

> James

"Bad Image Checksum" error - msvcrt.dll

Post by Jame » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 05:42:33

Thanks for the response. Since I'm using the NTFS file system, I'm not
sure how I will get to a point where I can manually copy that file
over. I tried booting into Safe Mode, and also tried Debugging mode,
to no avail.

My next step I suppose I will try will be to run the Windowx XP
installation and see if the Recovery Console will repair the error. If
the attempt is successful, I wonder if I'll have to reinstall SP1?

I'm really not sure what happened with mine. I scheduled a defragger
last night to run around midnight, and this morning I found where E:
drive had failed due to inconsistencies in the file system, but that's
not my boot drive. I rebooted the machine and that's the point where I
started getting the error.

James

> Hi --

> When my computer boots up now I get the infamous "blue screen" with
> the error:
> STOP: C000021  Bad Image Checksum image MSVCRT.dll is possibly
> corrupt. Header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

> I searched the KB but did not find anything relevant. Can anyone tell
> me how to fix this problem without having to format and start over?

> Thanks --

> James

1. Multiple "msvcrt.dll" files

Hi folks,

I installed Fresh Devices Download Manager v4.2 and then Netscape
reported an error with msvcrt.dll and would not load. I had created a
restore point prior to the install and restored back with no problem. I
was using Fresh Devices Version 4.0 with no problems.

A new version of DL Manager came out, v 4.25, installed that one and had
same problem. Restored back to v 4.0 and that works fine with Netscape
4.79 as before. I've reported this to Fresh Devices and they are looking
into it. They suggested that I may have a corrupted msvcrt.dll file, but
this is not the case, since I checked it.

While checking on msvcrt.dll, I did a find and found multiple versions
of msvcrt.dll:

Location                        File Size
HP folder                        249 KB    11/29/01
Scan Suite                       266 KB    1/23/97
Windows\system            260 KB    3/5/97
windows\system32        315 KB    8/23/01

Can anyone advise on what to do here?
Should the windows\system  and windows\system32 files be the same?

Any advice is appreciated,

Fred

2. Outlook Express

3. problem with "locked" MSVCRT.DLL

4. Help with Shortcut Keys

5. ARH!! "MSVCRT.DLL" =CRASH CRASH CRASH=

6. Software RAID

7. "Could not load the 32-bit dll" and "Routine not found" errors

8. IE 6.0 FTP problems

9. MISSING "iecont.dll" AND "iecontlc.dll"; HOW DO I GET THEM BACK?

10. Error Message "REPORT" Mod Name "shdocvw.dll"

11. Win XP Pro "Init dll error!" on top "PV951Utl"

12. MISSING "iecont.dll" AND "iecontlc.dll" FROM INTERNET EXPLORER !!!

13. I need some ".dll" like "kernel32.dll"