Favorites made available offline are NOT available offline

Favorites made available offline are NOT available offline

Post by tn » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 19:54:37

Earlier I was able to read sites made available offline
without problems but after setting up ( manually) a new
Internet connection in addition to the old one I am
unable to do it. I am not sure
when exactly this problem appeared, so it might be
something to do with the new connection or not.
Any idea?

Favorites made available offline are NOT available offline

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 02:17:58

When you clear the IE cache, (options, "delete files" button) you get an additional
option to delete 'offline content'. You may have some conflict with the old connectoid
that clearing the old content may cure.

--

Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate
marfer's notes for XP - http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

..

> Earlier I was able to read sites made available offline
> without problems but after setting up ( manually) a new
> Internet connection in addition to the old one I am
> unable to do it. I am not sure
> when exactly this problem appeared, so it might be
> something to do with the new connection or not.
> Any idea?

Favorites made available offline are NOT available offline

Post by tn » Wed, 26 Dec 2001 01:27:38

Yes, there is some kind of conflict because now when I
have kept the new connection without going back to the
old one, I am again able to open those sites which are
saved using this new connection.
Thanks for your answer, Mark.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When you clear the IE cache, (options, "delete files"

button) you get an additional
Quote:>option to delete 'offline content'. You may have some

conflict with the old connectoid
Quote:>that clearing the old content may cure.

>--

>Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate
>marfer's notes for XP -

http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm
>..

the nul device)

Quote:>> Earlier I was able to read sites made available offline
>> without problems but after setting up ( manually) a new
>> Internet connection in addition to the old one I am
>> unable to do it. I am not sure
>> when exactly this problem appeared, so it might be
>> something to do with the new connection or not.
>> Any idea?

>.

1. Offline files - "Make available offline" is checked and greyed out!

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Pro, and have all the latest patches applied.

There are some network shares (one on Win NT 4.0 server, one on Windows 2000
professional) that are set to be offline folders for my computer.

There are 10,000 odd files in these directories.
I don't require either of these directories to be available offline.
But I can not figure out how to turn them off.

If I browse to the directories in explorer (using unc), I can see that the
folder icons are marked as offline.
If I right click on the folder, I can see that "Make available offline" is
checked.
But it is also greyed out, and does not allow me to uncheck it.
I have tried going to the parent folder, seting this to available offline
(including sub-folders), and then unchecking "Make available offline" at
this parent folder level (including sub-folders). This stopped the parent
folder from being available offline, but did not fix the child folders.

These are still available offline, and the "Make available offline" menu
item is still greyed out.

I have turned off any synchronization (schedule, on idle, log-on/log-off)
off for these shares, but I still get annoying bubble messages pop up when
ever either of these computers is not on the LAN (regularly).

Is there a way to remove these "offline folders"? (Registry hack?
Utilities?)

Cheers,
Peter

2. START| Help and Support?

3. Cannot download url's when making pages available offline

4. NorthwindRDA Sample Qn

5. Making hotmail floders available offline

6. Yet another Half-life question :-)

7. Redirected Folders made available offline.

8. OE 7

9. Files of This Type Cannot Be Made Available Offline (Q252509)

10. Problems making files available offline

11. "Favorites" Saved available for offline

12. dfs mapped drives not available offline

13. Want to NOT make available offline