Virus Scan Software

Post by Shun-Chen Ni » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:38:12

Hi all,

What virus protection software is recommended for XP?
I installed McAfee 4.51 and it seems to conflict with
Outlook Express. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shun-Chen Niu

Virus Scan Software

Post by Daniel Yate » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:45:30

The best AV for XP is Norton Antivirus 2002

Regards

Daniel Yates

Quote:> Hi all,

> What virus protection software is recommended for XP?
> I installed McAfee 4.51 and it seems to conflict with
> Outlook Express. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Shun-Chen Niu

Virus Scan Software

Post by Colin R Hoppe » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:07:15

I use AVG which is a free download outside of Europe, free updates for an
unlimited time.
Plus it works well with winxp

Colin R Hopper

> The best AV for XP is Norton Antivirus 2002

> Regards

> Daniel Yates

> > Hi all,

> > What virus protection software is recommended for XP?
> > I installed McAfee 4.51 and it seems to conflict with
> > Outlook Express. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Shun-Chen Niu

Virus Scan Software

Post by Matt Wheele » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:42:50

Quote:> Hi all,

> What virus protection software is recommended for XP?
> I installed McAfee 4.51 and it seems to conflict with
> Outlook Express. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I believe there is a Service pack for VirusScan 4.51 which is
currently available as Beta software... this service pack is
apparently intennded to fix compatibility issues between VirusScan
4.51 and Win XP, IE6, Office XP and other various issues.

Virus Scan Software

Post by Rob » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:02:28

VET is the one you want

www.vet.com.au

Quote:> Hi all,

> What virus protection software is recommended for XP?
> I installed McAfee 4.51 and it seems to conflict with
> Outlook Express. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Shun-Chen Niu

Virus Scan Software

Post by Bruce Deroue » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:05:57

Hi Shun-Chen
My bet goes with Norton Antivirus.  It blows away McAfee by not slowing down
your system at all; it has a dynamite auto protect feature; it automatically
updates itself, assuring you of the most current virus definition files; and
has outgoing AND incoming email scanning.

You won't be sorry getting NAV 2002

--
Bruce Derouen

> VET is the one you want

> www.vet.com.au

> > Hi all,

> > What virus protection software is recommended for XP?
> > I installed McAfee 4.51 and it seems to conflict with
> > Outlook Express. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Shun-Chen Niu

Virus Scan Software

Post by Eric » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:47:18

just make sure you go with 2002 and don't install an old copy of 2001....

(and I agree with Bruce)

> Hi Shun-Chen
> My bet goes with Norton Antivirus.  It blows away McAfee by not slowing
down
> your system at all; it has a dynamite auto protect feature; it
automatically
> updates itself, assuring you of the most current virus definition files;
and
> has outgoing AND incoming email scanning.

> You won't be sorry getting NAV 2002

> --
> Bruce Derouen

> > VET is the one you want

> > www.vet.com.au

> > > Hi all,

> > > What virus protection software is recommended for XP?
> > > I installed McAfee 4.51 and it seems to conflict with
> > > Outlook Express. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Shun-Chen Niu

1. Virus Scan Software?

I am trying to find a virus scanning shield for CITRIX winframe/NT 3.51 to
run on my server.  I don't have any experience with these type products.  I
have evaluated McAfee's Netshield and am unsure of it's reliability????
Please share your opinions with the most reliable product to protect me from
virus's.

Rick Wakefield

2. NT, administrator rights and hardware

3. Free Virus Scan Software?

4. Opening Attachments

5. Virus scan software for NT?

6. Dual Monitor Operation

7. IE Script Error when Virus Scan scanning outbound mail

8. recieving content type with file upload

9. online virus scan reports different from MY antivirus scan

10. mcafee virus scan won't scan floppies in xp

11. AVG virus software fails to detect viruses!!

12. Scan-scan-Scan Cheap !

13. scan scan scan ...........why?