CanoScan D66OU won't work with xp.

Post by J.H. Bierhuiz » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:14:33

Hi all  --  Four days ago I downloaded xp home edition.  I have a sacnner
Canon D66OU that now doesn't work.  I have downloaded the new drivers and
all and it still won't work.  It gives me a message and asks me if all the
cables are connected.  Of course they are!  The scanner worked just fine
with ME.  I know this is a stupid question but how do you find out where the
updated drivers went and if they are in the correct place?  I seem to be
just full of stupid questions about this scanner and xp!  Oh xp tells me
that the scanner is working correctly too!  Go figure!  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Alice

CanoScan D66OU won't work with xp.

Post by Linetes » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:22:50

Quote:> Hi all  --  Four days ago I downloaded xp home edition.  I have a sacnner
> Canon D66OU that now doesn't work.  I have downloaded the new drivers and
> all and it still won't work.  It gives me a message and asks me if all the
> cables are connected.  Of course they are!  The scanner worked just fine
> with ME.  I know this is a stupid question but how do you find out where
the
> updated drivers went and if they are in the correct place?  I seem to be
> just full of stupid questions about this scanner and xp!  Oh xp tells me
> that the scanner is working correctly too!  Go figure!  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
> Alice

My 660 works fine. Make sure you have the USB cable disconnected to the
scanner. Power up the computer. After the desktop loads, plug the USB cable
back in for the scanner and see if it finds the newhardware. Other than
that, I'm not sure because I had no problem with mine using the new Canon
driver for the scanner as well as the new Canon scan toolboxes.

Post by Di » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:01:26

Quote:> Hi all  --  Four days ago I downloaded xp home edition.  I have a sacnner
> Canon D66OU that now doesn't work.  I have downloaded the new drivers and
> all and it still won't work.  It gives me a message and asks me if all the
> cables are connected.  Of course they are!  The scanner worked just fine
> with ME.  I know this is a stupid question but how do you find out where the
> updated drivers went and if they are in the correct place?  I seem to be
> just full of stupid questions about this scanner and xp!  Oh xp tells me
> that the scanner is working correctly too!  Go figure!  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

I have XP Pro, but my D660U is working fine with the drivers that came
with the cd.  Did you try the original drivers?  Might be worth a try.
Di

CanoScan D66OU won't work with xp.

Post by Mr. Elb » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:53:31

Had the same problem with my N650U scanner. The new drivers that  XP
update so graciously downloaded, did not work. I re-installed the
drivers ( Windows 2000) that came on the CD with the scanner and it
was happy.

>> Hi all  --  Four days ago I downloaded xp home edition.  I have a sacnner
>> Canon D66OU that now doesn't work.  I have downloaded the new drivers and
>> all and it still won't work.  It gives me a message and asks me if all the
>> cables are connected.  Of course they are!  The scanner worked just fine
>> with ME.  I know this is a stupid question but how do you find out where
>the
>> updated drivers went and if they are in the correct place?  I seem to be
>> just full of stupid questions about this scanner and xp!  Oh xp tells me
>> that the scanner is working correctly too!  Go figure!  Any help would be
>> greatly appreciated.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Alice

>My 660 works fine. Make sure you have the USB cable disconnected to the
>scanner. Power up the computer. After the desktop loads, plug the USB cable
>back in for the scanner and see if it finds the newhardware. Other than
>that, I'm not sure because I had no problem with mine using the new Canon
>driver for the scanner as well as the new Canon scan toolboxes.

1. Can't get Canoscan scanner to work with XP!!!!!

Hi
Since installing Windows XP home edition, I have had problems with my Canon
Canoscan FB320P scanner. Other than after rebooting before using the
printer, when I try to start my scanner I get the following message
"parallel port being used by another device, and an error code. I have
installed drivers for the scanner that are xp compatible, as well as the
current acceptable drivers for my printer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Aron

2. Customize System Messages ?

3. lexmark printer with canoscan- doesn't work

4. API call to Select Default Printer wanted

5. 'Email this File' won't work in XP

6. where did my shut down screen go??

7. Canoscan wont work after XP install?

8. XP and DTT2200 center speaker problem

9. Canon Canoscan N 340P doesnt work on xp

10. Canoscan FB630u - how to get it working in XP

11. Does your Canoscan N1220u work with XP?

12. Canoscan wont work after XP install!

13. XP won't work dos program which worked on ME