bypass PASSWORD logon window --windows xp?

bypass PASSWORD logon window --windows xp?

Post by Aaron Epste » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:29:08

I have Windows XP.  Every time my computer boots up, Windows XP causes the
process to stop at a logon screen headed by "Longon to Windows"  with
a space filled in with my user name and a second space asking for "password".
The second space is blank.

I do not enter a password in the blank space, but depress the "OK" button at the
bottom of the screen and then the computer continues to bootup to the Windows
desktop screen without stopping.

Question:  How do I setup the process so that this logon screen is bypassed
& I go right into Windows xp without this logon screen appearing?

best,  Aaron

bypass PASSWORD logon window --windows xp?

Post by Tom Porterfiel » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:07:48

Quote:> I have Windows XP.  Every time my computer boots up, Windows XP causes
> the process to stop at a logon screen headed by "Longon to Windows"
> with a space filled in with my user name and a second space asking for
> "password". The second space is blank.

> I do not enter a password in the blank space, but depress the "OK"
> button at the bottom of the screen and then the computer continues to
> bootup to the Windows desktop screen without stopping.

> Question:  How do I setup the process so that this logon screen is
> bypassed & I go right into Windows xp without this logon screen
> appearing?

> best,  Aaron

You can try using TweakUI to set this.  I don't know if it will work with
a blank password.  If you don't have Tweak UI on your system, you can
download it from MS at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp.  Once
installed, run Tweak UI and select Logon, Autologon.  That will take you
to a screen where you can select the option to log on automatically and
set the user name and password to use.

--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP (DTS)

bypass PASSWORD logon window --windows xp?

Post by nemesi » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:03:28

try this download tweack ui for xp located here
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
once you have downloaded and installed it got to start
program then power toys then tweak ui when the program
come up there is a tab for logon check the check box for
automatic logon click apply.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have Windows XP.  Every time my computer boots up,

Windows XP causes the
Quote:>process to stop at a logon screen headed by "Longon to
Windows"  with
>a space filled in with my user name and a second space

asking for "password".
Quote:>The second space is blank.

>I do not enter a password in the blank space, but depress

the "OK" button at the
Quote:>bottom of the screen and then the computer continues to

bootup to the Windows
Quote:>desktop screen without stopping.

>Question:  How do I setup the process so that this logon
screen is bypassed
>& I go right into Windows xp without this logon screen
appearing?

>best,  Aaron
>.

bypass PASSWORD logon window --windows xp?

Post by Kent W. England [MVP » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:54:23

You can also run "control userpasswords2" and uncheck the box that
requires users to enter a username and password. Then the applet will
ask for the account you want auto-logged on.

--
Kent W. England, MS MVP for Windows XP
(Please respond only in the newsgroup)

>> Question:  How do I setup the process so that this logon screen is
>> bypassed & I go right into Windows xp without this logon screen
>> appearing?

>> best,  Aaron

> You can try using TweakUI to set this.  I don't know if it will work
> with a blank password.  If you don't have Tweak UI on your system,
> you can download it from MS at
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp.  Once
> installed, run Tweak UI and select Logon, Autologon.  That will take
> you to a screen where you can select the option to log on
> automatically and set the user name and password to use.

> Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

bypass PASSWORD logon window --windows xp?

Post by Aaron Epste » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:23:56

note to the good people that responded to my question:

I did follow the TWEAK UI suggestion and used the "automatic logon" feature.
It worked.  All is well!  Thank you!   Aaron