Modem problem on re-boot

Post by Michael Sober » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:15:06

Whenever I re-boot the machine, my lucent modem no longer
works.  I have to uninstall the modem, then do a hard
reboot and let XP find the hardware all over again.  Then
it works fine.  Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix
it?

Thanks!

Modem problem on re-boot

Post by George Crupp » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 04:29:11

Internal (ISA or PCI) or external (SERIAL or USB)?

Quote:> Whenever I re-boot the machine, my lucent modem no longer
> works.  I have to uninstall the modem, then do a hard
> reboot and let XP find the hardware all over again.  Then
> it works fine.  Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix
> it?

> Thanks!

1. BOOT ERROR: No system file, press a key to re-boot.

My mother gets this message on her 2 month old
computer.  "BOOT ERROR: No system file, press a key to re-
boot".  Pressing a key does no good.  What should I have
her do?

Thanks!

2. HELP PLEASE!!!!

3. Home networking re-boot problem

4. What's this?

5. Random re-boot problem

6. updating ie5setup cab files

7. Weird Problem - XP rolling back on re-boot

8. How to set microphone level in a program?

9. Re-boot problem!!

10. Window Re-boot Problem

11. Help with Re-boot Problem

12. win 2k server re-boot problem