Need help with XP deleting files...................................................inside please

Need help with XP deleting files...................................................inside please

Post by Don Jenning » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 03:57:56

Quote:"Dunny Rummy"  wrote...
>>> OK, in win9x I just highlight the file and drag it to the recycle bin or

just plain delete it. Win98SE or WIN ME shows IT HAS been deleted but when I
try to delete files in XP it deletes them but the file is still visible in
the location it was in and XP gives an error message if I try to change the
name, access it or delete it again.>>>

I've actually found that to be hit-and-miss with W98, hadn't noticed it with
XP, but then I guess I've been using the "Delete this file" button within
Explorer.  The problem isn't that your file isn't being deleted, it's that
your explorer listing isn't being automatically refreshed when you drag the
file.  I anxiously await some ideas here on fixing that ;-), but the
workaround is to simply hit your F5 button after your click-drag operations
to refresh your file listing.  I think you'll find they're gone.

Need help with XP deleting files...................................................inside please

Post by Nick » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 05:29:26

I know the problem. The file still shows in the list after deletion,
then of course you get an error if you try to access it (because it has
been deleted).
Just hit View/Refresh and the list will update and remove the entry for
the deleted file.