how to repair system files and missing taskbar + icons?

how to repair system files and missing taskbar + icons?

Post by Jac » Fri, 30 May 2003 19:44:16

hello
i recently installed spyware sweeper and ran it to sweep spyware in my
system
but maybe it swept some system files too or damaged it.
i tried to 'system restore' my winxp (build 2600) to earlier dates for
a couple of times but it doesnt fix the problem: missing/frozen
taskbar, when i hit ctrl-esc to pop up 'start', the icons pictures are
missing. all of my desktop configurations changed to win2000 look.
sometimes it also shows error like 'rundll missing files' or stuff
like that

i attempted to run safe mode and create new user, but when i ran new
user, it still has the problem like missing taskbar and missing files.
can anyone tell me how to repair this problem?

thanks a bunch!

how to repair system files and missing taskbar + icons?

Post by Stev » Fri, 30 May 2003 22:18:58

I had corrupted system files before the only way to
repair those things is to reinstall Windows XP or use
Recovery consule by putting your windows XP set-up cd in
the cd-rom drive while its loading up and when it says
Press any key to boot from cd press a button. Then when
you come to the menu press r. and your their and another
thing this software is in ms-dos format and has more than
30 diffrent repair tasks so I would contact a Microsoft
Professional before doing this. The Windows XP support
Number is 425-635-3311 you get two incidents free and
35.00 per incident if you ran out. (800) 936-5700 if you
ran out.

1. how to repair system files missing or corrupt

I am unable start Windows XP because when I boot up my
computer a message appears saying that the
file: "\windows\system32\config\system is missing or
corrupt." To repair this, it advices me to use the setup
CD.  In the setup menu, I choose the "R" to enter the
repair and recovery console.  Then I choose which
installation I want to log onto, which is the only choice
I have: C:\WINDOWS. I get the following result C:\WINDOWS>
where it requires a command. From there I get stuck
because I have no idea how to proceed in repairing or
finding the missing file.  I have checked all the commands
using the help option but base on the definitions of those
commands, none specifically addressed how to repair or
recover a file.  PLEASE HELP!

2. Email from MS Word directly

3. Missing or Corrupt File - How to use system repair

4. FTP software (segment a big file into many short files) needed

5. BUG: Icons missing from system tray, note - hide inactive icons IS switched OFF

6. Read a loaded page

7. System Tray Icon Missing Without Even Enable "Hide Inactive Icons"

8. OE won't update again

9. corrupt/missing file repairs -lost files

10. Repairing missing font files and other file

11. Show desktop icon missing on taskbar

12. ICONS on Taskbar missing

13. Start button, taskbar, icons missing after logon