My CD-RW drive shows up as a CD-ROM drive after installation of windows xp.

My CD-RW drive shows up as a CD-ROM drive after installation of windows xp.

Post by Rober » Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:49:26

I had windows ME before and in order to burn cd-r's, I
had to go to settings and disable the drive's autoplay,
along with disconnect etc, now that I upgraded to windows
XP, my CD-RW drive shows up as a CD-Rom drive and when I
insert a blank CD-R disc, it keeps trying to read it for
a long time. When I try to burn using NERO, it tells me
to insert a disc, even though there is a blank CD-R
inside the drive. I tried to disable autoplay using
TWEAKUI, but it still does the samething. How do you fix
this? My CD-RW drive is a yamaha 4416e internal.

1. cd drive f (DVD/CD-ROM) and cd drive e (CD-RW)

Hi,

Go to http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems

Peter

     hi. i was wondering if anyone can help me. one problem that i have is with my cd-rom/dvd drive. my computer has stated that it is functioning properly; however when i put a disc in the drive it will not play. a message that says please put disc in drive appears even though a disc is in it already. my cd-rw drive will play a disc with audio tracks but i cannot send any files to the drive to burn or copy. i have already uninstalled both, rebooted, and let windows xp redetect and reinstall both. if anyone can help thanks.

2. Wine & Cups printing

3. DVD-RW drives shows as CD-Rom drive

4. Hotter CD's.....How?

5. A CD-RW drive shows up as a CD drive

6. Internet Explorer is constantly kicking me out

7. Assigned Drive Letters for CD-ROM and CD-R/RW Drives Won't Stick

8. ADOCE Errors

9. CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive problems

10. CD-R is read diiferently on CD-RW and CD-ROM drives

11. CD-RW drive XP says is CD-ROM

12. OT: Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installation discs

13. CD-RW drive doesnt detect when i change a CD-R/CD-RW