New XP, resourse clog with vid card-Help please :)

New XP, resourse clog with vid card-Help please :)

Post by DJ » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:39:58

Im trying to load XP on my computer and all is working
fine except my Nvidia gforce2 card won't work because it
says that there isn't enough resourses to run it.  It was
sharing an IRQ with my lan card, but I managed to get
them separated.  It still gives me the same alert message
in my device manager and my computer seems to be running
on the default VGA video mode.

I got the latest drivers for my card installed, but it
didn't help.
Service pak 1 for Xp is installed too.

How can I get my video card working???  Im about ready to

Thanks for reading this.  DJ

New XP, resourse clog with vid card-Help please :)

Post by chri » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 04:31:41

This is a bug in win XP. It is obviously not ready for
prime time yet. MS knows about this problem but as of yet
has done nothing to fix it.

You can try to fix it by upgrading your video card bios
Try this website for more help:

http://www.tweak3d.net/faq/faq.cgi

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Im trying to load XP on my computer and all is working
>fine except my Nvidia gforce2 card won't work because it
>says that there isn't enough resourses to run it.  It was
>sharing an IRQ with my lan card, but I managed to get
>them separated.  It still gives me the same alert message
>in my device manager and my computer seems to be running
>on the default VGA video mode.

>I got the latest drivers for my card installed, but it
>didn't help.
>Service pak 1 for Xp is installed too.

>How can I get my video card working???  Im about ready to

>Thanks for reading this.  DJ
>.

1. My vid card resourses are clogged! Help please

Im trying to load XP on my computer and all is working
fine except my Nvidia gforce2 card won't work because it
says that there isn't enough resourses to run it.  It was
sharing an IRQ with my lan card, but I managed to get
them separated.  It still gives me the same alert message
in my device manager and my computer seems to be running
on the default VGA video mode.

I got the latest drivers for my card installed, but it
didn't help.
Service pak 1 for Xp is installed too.

How can I get my video card working???  Im about ready to

Thanks for reading this.  DJ

2. Newbie WinSock question: gethostbyaddr()

3. My vid resourses clogged

4. Windows XP theme lost.

5. help finding older scsi adapter drivers please?:):):):)

6. Q: Redraw Menu

7. older scsi drivers???please help me find them??:):):)

8. Can't save attachments in IE 6

9. Video resourses clogged. Cant seem to fix it.

10. Can't open links in new windows -Please Help :)

11. please, please help???:)

12. Asus P3V4X and New ti4200 vid card

13. Installed new vid card, now no red...