access denied to start Remote Access connection Manager

access denied to start Remote Access connection Manager

Post by Patrick La » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:39:57

My XP crashed due to driver problem.  After restore from
installation CD, I cannot install my modem connection.  As
suggested in the knowledge base, my dependency has all
started.  That is, my telephony has started.  If I tried
to start RSCM, it will try to load the files, but finally,
message: Error 5:  Access is denied.  HELP!!!

Patrick LAM

access denied to start Remote Access connection Manager

Post by Patrick LA » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:53:13

Hi

See posting on Windows XP Security

Post by Bill Sanderso » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:43:56

Re-install Service Pack 1 for Windows XP.

> My XP crashed due to driver problem.  After restore from
> installation CD, I cannot install my modem connection.  As
> suggested in the knowledge base, my dependency has all
> started.  That is, my telephony has started.  If I tried
> to start RSCM, it will try to load the files, but finally,
> message: Error 5:  Access is denied.  HELP!!!

> Patrick LAM

1. Remote Access Connection Manager - access denied

I've got a LAN connection to the internet, and I've got a 56k modem
installed and configured that I'd like to use as a backup connection for
those times when I lose the cable connection.

I'm using XP Pro, logged in with Adminstrative privledges.

When I try to add a connection in the Internet Options/Connections window, I
get an error 711 message - which tells me I need to make sure the Plug &
Play, and Remote Access Connetion Manager services are running.

In the Services window, Plug & Play is started automatically, but the RACM
will not start.  When I attempt to start it I get Error 5, access denied.

Does anyone know how to get access to the RACM?

Thanks,
-Chip

2. my D Drive?

3. remote access connection manager fails with access is denied

4. Problems with Outlook Express and Windows Explorer

5. Problems starting remote access connection manager

6. ---CListCtrl problem---

7. start REMOTE ACCESS CONNECTION MANAGER

8. rsh problem !

9. remote access connection manager service will not start

10. Can't Start Remote Access Connection Manager

11. Remote access connection manager fails to start .

12. Can't start "Remote Access Connection Manager" on Win XP Pro

13. Cannot start remote access connection manager