Network Printing Poblems - XP Prof, Win98SE, XP Home

Network Printing Poblems - XP Prof, Win98SE, XP Home

Post by John » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 04:18:02

Network: Peer-to-peer
Local Printer OS - XP Professional
Dell Dimension 2350, 512MB RAM

Symptom: Users using Win98SE & XP Home.  When other
network users sent print requests to a Brother 1440
printer through the XP Prof local printer, only one page
is printed - DATA LED stays lit - pressing button on
printer results in only half of page 2 to print. Pages 3
forward don't print.  Printing locally from the XP Prof
works fine. All other file sharing actions work fine.

Question:  Do the guest users, configured for network
printing need a new XP driver that will allow them to
print?  Dell support was useless.

The original configuration had the printer locally set up
on a WIN98SE computer.  All users could print, including
the laptop with XP Home.

Thanks to all who respond.

1. W2K Prof and XP Prof Network and Database Application

I have a server with W2K Prof., which has a medical
documentation database software program running on it.  I
bought a laptop with XP Professional and tried installing
the program.  The tech support team at the software
company and I have had some initial problems setting up a
local database on my laptop that will allow access of all
the data when I am off network.  Normally a syncronize
function is run when the computers are reconnected.
      I have no problem accessing the server database via
my laptop, just had problems creating a local database.
Is this a compatability problem, or strictly an XP
issue?  The tech support team says they have had other
customers get the system up and running on XP networks
with no problems - their system also seems compatable
with all other Win op systems.  I have used it on '98 and
W2K Prof.  Copious thanks.

2. ERROR 1000

3. Compatability on 2000 Prof. networked with XP Prof.

4. Formatting 720K floppies

5. Active-X

6. Printing Problem between XP Home and Win98SE

7. Active Sync 3.5, Internet pass through and gprs modem

8. XP Pro and XP Home network printing problem

9. File sharing trouble in home network XP prof.-W2k

10. Networking XP Home Notebook with Win98SE Box

11. Upgrade from XP Home to XP Prof

12. XP Home ove XP Prof