CD autostart

Post by JoeM » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 02:15:28

It appears that under XP, there is no option for turning off
CDROM auto starting upon insertion, this option does exist
in win98 under device manager.  How can I disable auto
start/XP ?

Joe M

CD autostart

Post by Mike Garre » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 02:22:25

If you go to my computer and highlite the CD Rom Drive and go to properties
you can select what you want the CD to Do.. it gives you the option to 1).
Play 2) Open Folder to View Files or 3) take no action when a disk is
found..

Mike

Quote:> It appears that under XP, there is no option for turning off
> CDROM auto starting upon insertion, this option does exist
> in win98 under device manager.  How can I disable auto
> start/XP ?

> Joe M

CD autostart

Post by Harry Ohr » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 02:27:51

Two things you can do. Hold down the shift key while inserting a CD and it
won't auto start. Or use Tweakui for XP which is one of the XP Powertoys
from here. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp Do
a custom install if you don't want all the toys and look in
Programs->Powertoys for Tweakui as it is no longer in the Control Panel

--

Harry Ohrn - MS  MVP (Windows XP)
New Life For Windows - www.webtree.ca/newlife/

Quote:> It appears that under XP, there is no option for turning off
> CDROM auto starting upon insertion, this option does exist
> in win98 under device manager.  How can I disable auto
> start/XP ?

> Joe M

CD autostart

Post by Ronnie Vernon MV » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:02:03

JoeM

In addition to Harry's advice, you can open Windows Explorer and Right Click/Properties/Autoplay Tab of the CD drive. From here you can select the autoplay settings for each different type of CD.

In TweakUI, the options are in the My Computer/Autoplay section.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP MPS-D

Associate expert

> It appears that under XP, there is no option for turning off
> CDROM auto starting upon insertion, this option does exist
> in win98 under device manager.  How can I disable auto
> start/XP ?

> Joe M

1. CD AutoStart

Folks:

I recently burned a bunch of software application files into a blank CD.  I
have also designed an HTML page containing links to run each of these files.

How can I make my CD AUTO-START so that when this CD is placed in the CD ROM
Drive, the HTML page comes up automatically with the various options to
select from.

Thanks,
John.

2. Redirect probs w. NS 3.0

3. CD Autostart

4. Internet Explorer

5. NT Workstation data server on NT Server Domain problems.

6. Buffering problem

7. DVD/CD Autostart/Detection - Update

8. CD Autostart on XP

9. cd autostart