webcam Manhattan Fun!Cam

Post by Mila » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:11:01

Hi,
I've got a * (model Manhattan Fun!Cam) and problem with correct drivers
installation. Windows detect this device as a 'USB Device' and now I can't
change drivers. In spite of correct drivers are installed (from Manhattan's
site), when i'm trying to 'Update Driver' wizard doesn't find them.
When i'm trying to point at file Pfc027.inf as a installer, I get message
that this file doesn't contain any information about hardware.

Changing USB port do not solve a problem. Other devices on USB work properly
so I think it isn't a problem with USB drivers.

Maybe anyone had the same problem - and how to solve it ?

Machine: ECS K7S5; USB1.0; Windows XP SP2

webcam Manhattan Fun!Cam

Post by Glen » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:27:40

Are you absolutly sure you are using the correct drivers, not only correct
for the web cam but also XP drivers and not 9x drivers? Also make sure you
follow any install instructions listed for the web cam. Some hardware need a
setup file to install the driver, it depends on how the driver was written.
read the readme file that might be included or look on the web site for any
help on installing the driver in case it has to be installed a particular
way.
--
Please repost if you find the fault

Glen P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:> Hi,
> I've got a * (model Manhattan Fun!Cam) and problem with correct
> drivers
> installation. Windows detect this device as a 'USB Device' and now I can't
> change drivers. In spite of correct drivers are installed (from
> Manhattan's
> site), when i'm trying to 'Update Driver' wizard doesn't find them.
> When i'm trying to point at file Pfc027.inf as a installer, I get message
> that this file doesn't contain any information about hardware.

> Changing USB port do not solve a problem. Other devices on USB work
> properly
> so I think it isn't a problem with USB drivers.

> Maybe anyone had the same problem - and how to solve it ?

> Machine: ECS K7S5; USB1.0; Windows XP SP2

webcam Manhattan Fun!Cam

Post by Mila » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:56:01

Hi,

I installed this * before and everything worked fine but it was about a
year ago. I used it maybe 2 months and then * was packed into the box.
Since that time, Microsoft published many patches and I'm not sure that maybe
some updates causes that it won't install correctly (I think this is a
problem).
I tried to install it on two different machines so it's strange that before
worked and now it doesn't want to work anywhere.

Maybe anyone using the same * on fully updated OS ?

> Are you absolutly sure you are using the correct drivers, not only correct
> for the web cam but also XP drivers and not 9x drivers? Also make sure you
> follow any install instructions listed for the web cam. Some hardware need a
> setup file to install the driver, it depends on how the driver was written.
> read the readme file that might be included or look on the web site for any
> help on installing the driver in case it has to be installed a particular
> way.
> --
> Please repost if you find the fault

> Glen P
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> > Hi,
> > I've got a * (model Manhattan Fun!Cam) and problem with correct
> > drivers
> > installation. Windows detect this device as a 'USB Device' and now I can't
> > change drivers. In spite of correct drivers are installed (from
> > Manhattan's
> > site), when i'm trying to 'Update Driver' wizard doesn't find them.
> > When i'm trying to point at file Pfc027.inf as a installer, I get message
> > that this file doesn't contain any information about hardware.

> > Changing USB port do not solve a problem. Other devices on USB work
> > properly
> > so I think it isn't a problem with USB drivers.

> > Maybe anyone had the same problem - and how to solve it ?

> > Machine: ECS K7S5; USB1.0; Windows XP SP2

webcam Manhattan Fun!Cam

Post by neil » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:40:10

Have you checked for updated drivers
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Neil

> Hi,

> I installed this * before and everything worked fine but it was about
> year ago. I used it maybe 2 months and then * was packed into the
> box.
> Since that time, Microsoft published many patches and I'm not sure that
> maybe
> some updates causes that it won't install correctly (I think this is a
> problem).
> I tried to install it on two different machines so it's strange that
> before
> worked and now it doesn't want to work anywhere.

> Maybe anyone using the same * on fully updated OS ?

>> Are you absolutly sure you are using the correct drivers, not only
>> correct
>> for the web cam but also XP drivers and not 9x drivers? Also make sure
>> you
>> follow any install instructions listed for the web cam. Some hardware
>> need a
>> setup file to install the driver, it depends on how the driver was
>> written.
>> read the readme file that might be included or look on the web site for
>> any
>> help on installing the driver in case it has to be installed a particular
>> way.
>> --
>> Please repost if you find the fault

>> Glen P
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>> > Hi,
>> > I've got a * (model Manhattan Fun!Cam) and problem with correct
>> > drivers
>> > installation. Windows detect this device as a 'USB Device' and now I
>> > can't
>> > change drivers. In spite of correct drivers are installed (from
>> > Manhattan's
>> > site), when i'm trying to 'Update Driver' wizard doesn't find them.
>> > When i'm trying to point at file Pfc027.inf as a installer, I get
>> > message
>> > that this file doesn't contain any information about hardware.

>> > Changing USB port do not solve a problem. Other devices on USB work
>> > properly
>> > so I think it isn't a problem with USB drivers.

>> > Maybe anyone had the same problem - and how to solve it ?

>> > Machine: ECS K7S5; USB1.0; Windows XP SP2

webcam Manhattan Fun!Cam

Post by Mila » Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:08:02

Hi,

yeah i'm trying with drivers available on this page. In fakt on 1st machine
i forgot about this stupid thing to disconnect device before installing
drivers but on the 2nd machine I've done everything according to instructions
from this page. Result is the same - it doesn't work. Farthermore in my case
message about unverified drivers doesn't appear. I think problem is, the
drivers are not installed correctly (registry hasn't any entries, keys ...
anything about this and probably should be).
I mailed to the manufacturer but answers which I receive are ignorant and
can't help me in any way.

> Have you checked for updated drivers
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Neil

> > Hi,

> > I installed this * before and everything worked fine but it was about
> > year ago. I used it maybe 2 months and then * was packed into the
> > box.
> > Since that time, Microsoft published many patches and I'm not sure that
> > maybe
> > some updates causes that it won't install correctly (I think this is a
> > problem).
> > I tried to install it on two different machines so it's strange that
> > before
> > worked and now it doesn't want to work anywhere.

> > Maybe anyone using the same * on fully updated OS ?

> >> Are you absolutly sure you are using the correct drivers, not only
> >> correct
> >> for the web cam but also XP drivers and not 9x drivers? Also make sure
> >> you
> >> follow any install instructions listed for the web cam. Some hardware
> >> need a
> >> setup file to install the driver, it depends on how the driver was
> >> written.
> >> read the readme file that might be included or look on the web site for
> >> any
> >> help on installing the driver in case it has to be installed a particular
> >> way.
> >> --
> >> Please repost if you find the fault

> >> Glen P
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Cool, Fun, High-Quality C++ Job in Manhattan

Win32, C++, MFC, Object-Oriented Database, Multimedia

Talented, motivated, energetic programmer needed to assist in
developing a new multimedia connectivity application.

The position requires someone with a passion for quality in software
design and implementation, and a strong sense of the state of existing
applications, technologies and tools.

This will be an exciting position, and a great application to work on.

Educational credentials in Computer Science are NOT necessary, but
competence is.

The tools to be used will include the following:

    Visual C++
    Microsoft Foundation Classes
    Objective Toolkit MFC Extensions
    LeadTools Imaging Toolkit
    ObjectStore ODBMS
    BoundsChecker
    Visual Basic

Compensation and benefits will match expertise and accomplishment.

If you are the right person, please reply via email to

2. My Windows XP

3. Webcam+digi cam not workin - code 10?

4. Outlook Express 6 duplicates downloaded emails multiple times

5. JVC DV- cam as a webcam?

6. Modem Problem in XP

7. mini dv cam as a webcam

8. Download Win 2000 to get scanner to work? HP says so

9. mini dv cam as webcam

10. webcam and digital cam

11. Wingate, WinXP and AoL... fun fun

12. Windows XP thinks digital cam is Removeable Drive, does not launch cam wizard

13. Web Cam _ The new Iomega Buz cam interface