Canned Air Cleaner

Canned Air Cleaner

Post by finishe » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:57:34



Sorry for this being off topic but from my previous experience in this
group I know there are many PC experts here and that is why I am
asking here.

I really would just like to know, when using canned air as a blow
cleaner, what is the correct way to use this to keep liquid from
coming out when it gets ice cold? I know I am doing something wrong
when using this because most of the time it comes to liquid coming out
of the nozzle.

Thank you very much!

 
 
 

Canned Air Cleaner

Post by Matt Y » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:06:07



> Sorry for this being off topic but from my previous experience in this
> group I know there are many PC experts here and that is why I am
> asking here.

> I really would just like to know, when using canned air as a blow
> cleaner, what is the correct way to use this to keep liquid from
> coming out when it gets ice cold? I know I am doing something wrong
> when using this because most of the time it comes to liquid coming out
> of the nozzle.

> Thank you very much!

Keep the can upright and use SHORT bursts. Anywhere from 3 - 6 inches is
fine. Using the nozzle tube will provide greater pressure and more
accuracy.

Regards,
--
Matt Y.

Change SFL to "schwagfl" and nospam3679805 to "yahoo"

"You know what they say...It's 90% mental and the other 10% is all in
your head."

 
 
 

Canned Air Cleaner

Post by finishe » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:47:48





>> Sorry for this being off topic but from my previous experience in this
>> group I know there are many PC experts here and that is why I am
>> asking here.

>> I really would just like to know, when using canned air as a blow
>> cleaner, what is the correct way to use this to keep liquid from
>> coming out when it gets ice cold? I know I am doing something wrong
>> when using this because most of the time it comes to liquid coming out
>> of the nozzle.

>> Thank you very much!

>Keep the can upright and use SHORT bursts. Anywhere from 3 - 6 inches is
>fine. Using the nozzle tube will provide greater pressure and more
>accuracy.

>Regards,

Thanks Matt
 
 
 

Canned Air Cleaner

Post by GSV Three Minds in a Ca » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:47:20





>> Sorry for this being off topic but from my previous experience in this
>> group I know there are many PC experts here and that is why I am
>> asking here.

>> I really would just like to know, when using canned air as a blow
>> cleaner, what is the correct way to use this to keep liquid from
>> coming out when it gets ice cold? I know I am doing something wrong
>> when using this because most of the time it comes to liquid coming out
>> of the nozzle.

>> Thank you very much!

>Keep the can upright and use SHORT bursts. Anywhere from 3 - 6 inches is
>fine. Using the nozzle tube will provide greater pressure and more
>accuracy.

Good advice, but be aware that some of these things (especially with
plastic nozzles) can produce rather a lot of static. Not a problem for
cleaning lenses, but can be an issue if you are cleaning out PCs. A
=bit= of dust never did much harm - when it starts growing weeds, it's
time to clean it off. 8>.

--
GSV   Three Minds in a Can
Outgoing Msgs are Turing Tested,and indistinguishable from human typing.