I am getting "Windows has recovered from a device failure" message

I am getting "Windows has recovered from a device failure" message

Post by Steve » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:19:53

Hi

I have just replaced a fujitsu harddrive that failed on me with a 40gb WD
since when I have had the message in the subject line about 5 or 6 times (in
about a week). Just before it appears the system locks up for a few seconds
then releases into a very low video mode (4 bit colour and 640 * 480) on
reboot everthing looks fine. I have installed all the latest drivers
including Via ones. Upto replacing the HD everthing was just fine

Any ideas anyone?

System is
Win XP home + SP1
Gigabyte GA-7ZX
Athlon 1.1
256mb PC 133
NVidia 400MX 64mb
40gb Western Digital
12x DVD (Creative)
SB Live Player
24x Liteon CD-RW
Realtek 10/100

1. "Windows has recovered from a device failure"????

[...]

2. NS2.01 error: document contains no data

3. Getting "delayed write failed" and "path too deep" error messages

4. No signature on reply

5. Message says "Windowa has recoverd from a serious device failure"????

6. update and restore problem

7. Cannot print - getting "device is busy" message.....

8. Lost Sound!!!!!!!

9. "New Message", "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

10. "Device installer error": "Windows could not load the installer for Volume"

11. I am having problems with "XML parser"

12. Windows XP - "Unknown Device" = "slip de framer"????

13. I am missing an "Advanced Tab" in the "Internet Options"