using a batch file to run a VPN connection

using a batch file to run a VPN connection

Post by Paul » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:57:11

Hi everyone,

I'm a first time newsgroup user and need some help trying
to start a VPN connection automatically with a batch
file. I have a scheduled task that needs to have this VPN
connection open but I can't find a way to schedule the
connection to open with having to do it manually. So I'm
trying to incorporate it into the batch file which is the
scheduled task. Can any one help me on this??

Kind Regards,
Paul.

Post by xzavio » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:41:23

> Hi everyone,

> I'm a first time newsgroup user and need some help trying
> to start a VPN connection automatically with a batch
> file. I have a scheduled task that needs to have this VPN
> connection open but I can't find a way to schedule the
> connection to open with having to do it manually. So I'm
> trying to incorporate it into the batch file which is the
> scheduled task. Can any one help me on this??

> Kind Regards,
> Paul.

Why not just let the VPN stay on so that you can connect to the computer
running the VPN?
--
-----------------
Jeffrey

Post by MV » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:59:44

>  I'm a first time newsgroup user and need some help trying
>  to start a VPN connection automatically with a batch
>  file. I have a scheduled task that needs to have this VPN
>  connection open but I can't find a way to schedule the
>  connection to open with having to do it manually. So I'm
>  trying to incorporate it into the batch file which is the
>  scheduled task. Can any one help me on this??

See if rasdial.exe can help you.

For help, in a command prompt, run

   rasdial /?

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page