winsock.dll/wsock32.dll file protection

Post by Tj William » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 02:11:33

Has anyone tested the winsock/wsock32.dll files?  by test I mean deleting
and replacing them if the need ever arised.  I was doing the expand command,
as I normally did before with Windows 2000.  But I notice that they've
replaced themselves.

Even if I deleted them from the recycle bin, they replace themselves.  Is
this a new form of file protection in Windows XP?  If so I think it's an
excellent feature.

winsock.dll/wsock32.dll file protection

Post by Patrick Schülle » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 05:47:41

See http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/driver/sfp/wfp.asp

Patrick

Quote:> Has anyone tested the winsock/wsock32.dll files?  by test I mean deleting