I Keep Getting These Pop Ups

Post by Willia » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 14:44:45

I keep getting these random pop ups and i dont know why i
keep getting them. Is there some way that i can disable
these pop ups because i play multiplayer games and it
crashes me out of games . It has messenger service at the
top can someone help me.

I Keep Getting These Pop Ups

Post by Kell » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 15:30:47

Hi William,

To disable the Messenger Service:

Go to Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services.  Double click the
Messenger Service and change Automatic to Disabled, then click the Stop
button.

Or use this automated edit:

Disable Messenger Service (Line 95)

More information and options here on using a Firewall:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#xp_msgservice

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Quote:> I keep getting these random pop ups and i dont know why i
> keep getting them. Is there some way that i can disable
> these pop ups because i play multiplayer games and it
> crashes me out of games . It has messenger service at the
> top can someone help me.

I Keep Getting These Pop Ups

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 22:54:41

See Help and Support and search for "firewall".  This will tell you how to
enable XP's built-in firewall.  If you have a valid reason for running
without one, click Start, Run and enter SERVICES.MSC   Locate the entry for
Messenger (not to be confused with Windows Messenger) and double click it.
Set it to Stopped and Disabled.

The reason these popups show up is that your internet connection is not
secure.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

Quote:> I keep getting these random pop ups and i dont know why i
> keep getting them. Is there some way that i can disable
> these pop ups because i play multiplayer games and it
> crashes me out of games . It has messenger service at the
> top can someone help me.

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. Kodak Imaging in Windows XP

3. any nvidia driver causing windows not to boot after Logitech MX installation

4. The pop-ups the maddening pop-ups!!!

5. Screen shot/capture

6. Pop-ups and Messanger Pop-ups

7. What is up with the "Links" button/bar???

8. getting slammed with pop ups!!

9. Day 4 with no pop-ups but getting closer.

10. Getting rid of an add in (stopping pop ups) or (adblocker)

11. pop ups keep coming up!

12. Getting spammed on messenger pop ups