DirectX 8.1 to download screensaver

Post by MaxieBea » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:38:54

I tried to download a 3D graphic screen saver, but it gave
me the error message that I needed DirectX 8.1.  When I
went to Microsoft downloads, it tells me DirectX 8.1 is
already loaded in Win XP.  I have Win XP Pro, and it was a
clean install after Win ME was wiped.  It was done by a
professional tech.with his own CD so I do not have a CD.
Can I download DirectX 8.1 for Win ME or Win 98?.  When I
checked search for DirectX on my Win XP, it gave me no
results to search.  Also, when trying to upgrade my
scanner driver, I couldn't install WinZip.  Any help?

Post by MaxieBea » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:38:58

I tried to download a 3D graphic screen saver, but it gave
me the error message that I needed DirectX 8.1.  When I
went to Microsoft downloads, it tells me DirectX 8.1 is
already loaded in Win XP.  I have Win XP Pro, and it was a
clean install after Win ME was wiped.  It was done by a
professional tech.with his own CD so I do not have a CD.
Can I download DirectX 8.1 for Win ME or Win 98?.  When I
checked search for DirectX on my Win XP, it gave me no
results to search.  Also, when trying to upgrade my
scanner driver, I couldn't install WinZip.  Any help?

DirectX 8.1 to download screensaver

Post by Care » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:53:23

Open the Command Prompt and type in:  sfc /scannow

DirectX 8.1 to download screensaver

Post by : Sonal » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:03:20

as u dont have the disk u cant run sfc /scannow successfully.
run dxdiag and see if directx installed. it should be!   see
Quote:>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=33790

-Sonal

Quote:> Open the Command Prompt and type in:  sfc /scannow