Windows Explorer (and file browser) does not like Corel .cpt files

Windows Explorer (and file browser) does not like Corel .cpt files

Post by Michael Lamp » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 07:38:08

It appears that the Windows XP Explorer does not handle
Corel .cpt files properly.

If you have a .cpt file created by Corel 7 in a
directory, and you try to merely look at that directory
the Windows Explorer will immediately crash and restart.

It does not matter if the directory view
is "details", "list", "thumbnails", whatever. When you
scroll down to the entry containing the .cpt file
Explorer goes away. If the entry is visible immediately
in the directory, then the moment that directory is
accessed Explorer goes away.

I tried to attach a couple of .cpt files to this e-mail
using the "Browse" button, but this blows away Internet
Explorer, too.

The only workaround I have found so far is to go into the
command prompt shell and move the .cpt files to their own
subdirectory, and NEVER look at them with Explorer.

Yes, my XP systems have all the latest updates, and there
are no viruses on them.

--Michael Lampi

1. Files are seen in Windows Explorer, but not in DOS

Hi,
I'm recovering from the LoveLetter virus on my computer. I've successfully
restored all of my MP3 files from hidden to viewable, and they all work
fine. But for some reason I can see them only in Windows Explorer, not from
a DOS command prompt. The main problem is that I have a toolbar in the Start
Bar with all of the files in this folder, and it can't see these MP3 files.
Any ideas why?
Thanks,
Raphi

2. About user defined Windows message?

3. DOS Long File Name backup and restore in DOS (Not Windows)

4. just a hello

5. Explorer Browser and Other Window Browser Will not Stay Open

6. Not a Standard Computer!

7. .CPT files

9. windows file protection can not file files

10. Decompress Macintosh CPT and SIT files...

11. Windows explorer closing when doing file search

12. Windows XP Windows Explorer not listing track info for all files

13. batct file creating under dos (windows NT ) getting file size