Mystery Windows XP password.

Post by Dan » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 02:49:02

Hi,

I'm a very light user of computers and recently a friends installed windows
xp pro onto my pc. I have used it a couple of times since then I went on
holiday for three weeks. I came back and now my computer went through
accessing files or something and now it wants a password from me? I haven't
put a password in at all before. This is bugging me because I can't use my
pc. I have tried everything but it keeps saying have you forgotton your
pasword or something. Thanks for n e help. don't be that techie because i
ain/t!

Mystery Windows XP password.

Post by Dan » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 02:59:27

Sorry, sorted now.

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm a very light user of computers and recently a friends installed
windows
> xp pro onto my pc. I have used it a couple of times since then I went on
> holiday for three weeks. I came back and now my computer went through
> accessing files or something and now it wants a password from me? I
haven't
> put a password in at all before. This is bugging me because I can't use my
> pc. I have tried everything but it keeps saying have you forgotton your
> pasword or something. Thanks for n e help. don't be that techie because i
> ain/t!

1. OE6 Password Saving Mystery

In the past three months I've acquired two new computers, each equpped
with OEM copies of Win XP Home and Outlook Express 6.  On the desktop
machine, my POP3 mail password will not save; I have to type it in
everytime I go online with OE6.  On the laptop, the password appears
to have saved successfully since I'm not asked to type it in each time
I load OE6.

I doubt that the supplier of the laptop took the trouble to tinker
with the XP registry on the laptop, which gives me hope that there
might be a patch available to fix the desktop. Is there such a patch
-- or some way other than tinkering with the registry -- to fix the
desktop's password saving function?

Thanks.

2. Removing unwanted programs that start with windows

3. Notice that Windows XP, assigns password randomly,cannot repair windows xp.

4. Java Virtual Machine Locks up XP

5. Re Windows XP mystery internet traffic

6. Environment variables

7. Windows XP is not retaining passwords and settings even if save password is chec

8. Media Player 9 locking up WinXP Home (possibly causing overheat?)

9. Peer-to-Peer Password Mystery NT 4.0 -> Win95

10. bypass PASSWORD logon window --windows xp?

11. Windows Media Player 9 mystery

12. XP IE6 Cookie store location mystery

13. XP & OLE5.5/OLE6 mystery