Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini

Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini

Post by Pete » Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:26:09

Hi,

Have you inserted any floppy disk inside the floppy drive during the start up/reboot?
If yes, eject the floppy disk and start the PC again.

Peter

     After renaming my computer name through the "My Computer" and being asked to re-boot I keep getting this message upon rebooting: "Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini". I've tried booting from a floppy or CD ROM by selecting them in the BIOS as 1st & 2nd boot devices, but it never boots from them and it keeps giving me the same message. Any suggestions on what to try?

     This computer is a pentium II that was previously running Windows 98 and I upgraded to XP successfully and it had been working fine until I tried to change the computer name.

1. NTLDR: Fatal Error 47872 reading BOOT.INI

My operating system is Windows XP Pro and my system won't
reboot without displaying the following message:"NTLDR:
Fatal Error 47872 reading BOOT.INI". I never took the time
to make a system boot disk. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?  Please...

2. Computer won't detect DV

3. NTLDR: Fatal Error 4096 Reading boot.ini

4. Found a new embedded software

5. NTLDR>EXE fatal error unable to boot pc?

6. Images maps on a local machin without a web server

7. Invaid BOOT.INI error message?

8. Handheld PC dead or alive?

9. invalid boot.ini error message

10. Invaid BOOT.INI error message?