reformatting????

Post by Maurice » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 01:43:50

You may consider using FDISK from a system-boot diskette (like Win2000 or
even ME) to remove old partitions, and to restructure like you need.   Then
you can go back to re-installing XP from CD.

Quote:> I already have xp installed along with 2000 and
> millenium.....I want to reformat and have a clean hard
> drive with ONLY xp as the operating system.  When I try
> to do a new install it will not let me re-partition and
> install new because it says it needs install files within
> that hard drive even though I selected install files from
> cd?????? HELP!!!  I'm going crazy!

reformatting????

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:22:21

Setup Requires Format of Initial Partition If You Install to a Subsequent Partition on a Hard Disk (Q283260)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q283260&GSSNB=1

--

Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate
marfer's notes for XP - http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

..