Task Manager problem

Post by John » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:25:11

I am running Windows Xp home edition that came with my hp
pavilion 7955 machine. As of a couple of days ago when I
press alt ctr delete to bring up the task manager the
menu screen pops up for a second and then diappears. If I
right clik on the taskbar to bring up the task manager
that way it will do the same thing and if I try the run
command for taskmgr.exe it will do the same. How can I
get the task manager to work as it used to ??

Task Manager problem

Post by Edward Esparz » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:47:03

John,

The exact same thing has happened to me as of yesterday
after opening a questionable e-mail with a .jpg file and
a file labeled Djb.exe attached.

**Note - I have just attempted to open my Norton
Antivirus window with the same results.

Can anyone help?....

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am running Windows Xp home edition that came with my
hp
>pavilion 7955 machine. As of a couple of days ago when I
>press alt ctr delete to bring up the task manager the
>menu screen pops up for a second and then diappears. If
>right clik on the taskbar to bring up the task manager
>that way it will do the same thing and if I try the run
>command for taskmgr.exe it will do the same. How can I
>get the task manager to work as it used to ??
>.

Task Manager problem

Post by Edward Esparz » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:41:04

Hey John,

FOund some info...

http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/49314.ht
ml

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am running Windows Xp home edition that came with my
hp
>pavilion 7955 machine. As of a couple of days ago when I
>press alt ctr delete to bring up the task manager the
>menu screen pops up for a second and then diappears. If
>right clik on the taskbar to bring up the task manager
>that way it will do the same thing and if I try the run
>command for taskmgr.exe it will do the same. How can I
>get the task manager to work as it used to ??
>.

Task Manager problem

Post by sugs » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 17:56:49

Sounds like you have the w32.klez virus

Quote:> I am running Windows Xp home edition that came with my hp
> pavilion 7955 machine. As of a couple of days ago when I
> press alt ctr delete to bring up the task manager the
> menu screen pops up for a second and then diappears. If I
> right clik on the taskbar to bring up the task manager
> that way it will do the same thing and if I try the run
> command for taskmgr.exe it will do the same. How can I
> get the task manager to work as it used to ??

1. task manager problem!! Help please !!

Hi,
I have a problem opening the task manager. It opens and closes suddenly
after one second.
I have tried many times, but I do not know what is the problem. I have tried
restarting the system and opening it, but same thing happens. Can anyone
please help me solve this problem?
Thank you in Advance.
Sapna

2. Where are my drivers????

3. Task Manager Problem

4. Cannot display End User License Agreement . . .

5. Windows Task Manager Problems

6. p/w protect (w/multiple users) NT4 Wstation that must be logged on 24 hrs(!)

7. Task Manager Problem

8. Microsoft VM upgrade?!?

9. Task Manager problems

10. Task Manager problem