Web page no-show

Post by Will » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:23:17

I'm running MSIE version 6.0.2600.0000.xpclnt.qfe.010827-1803.  Some web
pages, i.e., www.capitalone.com and logging into www.mcaffee.com.  The pages
don't come up.  It's only a blank page, yet the status says it's 'Done'.
Anyone have any idea.  My service is broadband cable with a Lynksys router
and 3Com PCI NIC.  I've tried eliminating the router with the same results.
Is there a setting in IE that I'm missing?

The problem is also preventing me from updating my anti-virus, I receive
error messages. HELP!!

Buz

Web page no-show

Post by D Charle » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 04:10:40

I had the same problem when I changed my internet
connection but this trick fixed it, it might work for you.

Click on the start button. click on run. then cut and
past this into it: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL

Then reboot your computer.
I hope this works!!!!!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm running MSIE version 6.0.2600.0000.xpclnt.qfe.010827-
1803.  Some web
>pages, i.e., www.capitalone.com and logging into

www.mcaffee.com.  The pages
Quote:>don't come up.  It's only a blank page, yet the status
says it's 'Done'.
>Anyone have any idea.  My service is broadband cable

with a Lynksys router
Quote:>and 3Com PCI NIC.  I've tried eliminating the router

with the same results.
Quote:>Is there a setting in IE that I'm missing?

>The problem is also preventing me from updating my anti-
virus, I receive
>error messages. HELP!!

>Buz

>.

Web page no-show

Post by Kell » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 04:59:15

Hi,

See if this helps:

Start/Run/CMD.  Type this command: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. Ok/Reboot. Then go
to:  IE/Tools/Internet Options/Programs/Reset Web Settings.

Troubleshooting IE/OE
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP DTS
[AE-Windows? XP]

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/

Quote:> I'm running MSIE version 6.0.2600.0000.xpclnt.qfe.010827-1803.  Some web
> pages, i.e., www.capitalone.com and logging into www.mcaffee.com.  The
pages
> don't come up.  It's only a blank page, yet the status says it's 'Done'.
> Anyone have any idea.  My service is broadband cable with a Lynksys router
> and 3Com PCI NIC.  I've tried eliminating the router with the same
results.
> Is there a setting in IE that I'm missing?

> The problem is also preventing me from updating my anti-virus, I receive
> error messages. HELP!!

> Buz

1. taskbar: a no-show

Whenever I have an IE window in full screen mode I cannot view the windows
taskbar.  If the IE window is maximized I can still get the taskbar.  Even
if I have an IE window in full screen, but the current active window is NOT
full screen, I can get the taskbar.

I have tried every combination of checkboxes on the START | SETTINGS |
TASKBAR...     menu.  Any suggestions on how to get it back.

I hope I am explaining this well, if you need any more info...I'll be glad
to give to you.  I am using W2K pro and IE6

Thanks

2. List details versus icons

3. no-show posts

4. WinXP Bootup Problems

5. MACH48 cd-rw (Pacific Digital) no-show

6. Video and Powerpoint.

7. Web Pages that open other web pages automatically

8. Print to file in Windows 3.1-3.11

9. Difference between web page complete/web page archive?

10. Problem: Saving Web Pages as Web Page Complete

11. Web page to messenger, embedding messenger, msn on web page

12. Mulitple web pages on one web page..

13. Free Web Page For Kids, yes I said free web page storage for kids